ADVERTISEMENT

Garage heater...............

Bobhaywood

HR All-American
Jun 29, 2004
I'm in need of a garage heater. My laundry is there and have a small heater on it when it gets cold, but kinda a hassel as I always unplug it when not around. I don't want a chimney through the roof. I am open to gas or electric. Has n e one done the ventless gas heaters.
n e ideas for me? thnx.

Gas is more efficient but a pain to hook up if you don't have a gas line out there. Plus they do smell a bit and you'll need to make sure it is sealed tight. Don't want wind whipping thru.

I went with electric. One heater for a 1200 sq ft garage in Iowa. If I'm not doing anything I leave it in the low 40s and kick it up if I'm out there. It handles it well and I don't notice a major change in my bills. I'm wired for two but haven't needed the second.

My dad has those electric oil heaters. Two for a three car garage. It keeps it pretty darn warm.

I've insulated the bottom section of my barn and am going to install a wood burning stove for when I'm gonna wanna use it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I use a LB White heater that uses propane. I messed up when I built my garage and didn't run a gas line. So now I have a 100 gal Propane tank. The garage is finished and insulated so it keeps it warm. But I only use when I need it as it blows through propane when it really gets cold.

Originally posted by Hawk96:
Gas is more efficient but a pain to hook up if you don't have a gas line out there. Plus they do smell a bit and you'll need to make sure it is sealed tight. Don't want wind whipping thru.

I went with electric. One heater for a 1200 sq ft garage in Iowa. If I'm not doing anything I leave it in the low 40s and kick it up if I'm out there. It handles it well and I don't notice a major change in my bills. I'm wired for two but haven't needed the second.

Can you give us any info on make, model, btu. My garage is approximately the same size.

Originally posted by SWIowahawks:
My dad has those electric oil heaters. Two for a three car garage. It keeps it pretty darn warm.

I've insulated the bottom section of my barn and am going to install a wood burning stove for when I'm gonna wanna use it.

Those electric oil heaters are awesome. Not only is the purchase price cheap, but they are very cheap to operate as well.

I'm in need of a garage heater. My laundry is there and have a small heater on it when it gets cold, but kinda a hassel as I always unplug it when not around. I don't want a chimney through the roof. I am open to gas or electric. Has n e one done the ventless gas heaters.
n e ideas for me? thnx.
I put a Rinnai ventless 10,000 BTU gas heater in my basement and it is awesome. They make a 40,000 BTU version also. They're totally safe but a bit spendy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT