ADVERTISEMENT

George Kittle is the best. Was Mic'd up for NFC Championship Game

1500 yards. Kittle will never do that. Again, I love the guy. LePorta is more likely to do that than Kittle
So, Kittle had 1377 yards in a 16 game schedule and now shares a very diverse offense with Samuel and McCaffrey and he could never get 1500 yards. I think the 1377 was a record at the time. You know, both Kittle and Kelce can be great at the same time. Kittle has also put his numbers up with a lot of QBs while Kelce has played with the best QB of the time

we got two different styles here. two great tight ends. I think kelce gets open more because he fakes a block and takes off... kittle wants to block at all times, no faking. kittle is more grunt work , kelce more finesse.
They both do what they are asked to do as good as anybody in the game.

Both studs

Never forget! :)

71Q6SoEsDWL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

unless you believe the conspiracy theories that it's all a set up, no sex, and they are doing this for ratings and it's all a show. if so that's a pretty darn good ruse.
You forgot, it's all a Democratic hoax to get Biden re-elected. KC wins the fixed game (get your money down) and Taylor proclaims for Biden.
Just like covid was a Democratic hoax to make trump look bad (as if he needs help!). Over a million people died to pull that one off.

Kelce had 1,416 yards in 2020 with 105 receptions, in comparison Kittle’s best season “yardage wise” was in 2018 with 1,377 with 88 reception. It’s silly to compare considering both are still playing Kelce has 11 years in the league and Kittle has 7. Kelce has played alongside Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes whereas George Kittle has had to deal with this:

2017Brian Hoyer (6) / C. J. Beathard (5) / Jimmy Garoppolo (5)
2018Nick Mullens (8) / C. J. Beathard (5) / Jimmy Garoppolo (3)
2019Jimmy Garoppolo (16)
2020Nick Mullens (8) / Jimmy Garoppolo (6) / C. J. Beathard (2)
2021Jimmy Garoppolo (2–1)
2022Brock Purdy (2–1)
Raw yardage should also be converted into avg ypcatch, avg YAC, number of targets. let's look at legitimate drops.

2020 Kelce had 13.5 yards per catch while 2018 Kittle had 15.6 YPC. And kittle was really known for going BEAST MODE after his catches and just running over tacklers and breaking tackles.

Those are both huge years for them. Over Kittle's years at San Fran he has done a better job of blocking for a team that likes to run the ball more and better than KC.

KC has had to run the ball more the last couple of years but they dont get the chunk plays that San Fran run game does based on casual observation.

Last edited:

The full text of the tweet:

In 2011, George Kittle was a senior in high school.

He was a 200 pound WR and only had offers from Weber State and service schools.

His dream was Iowa, but he had never heard from them.

That changed when before national signing day, Kirk Ferentz called.

He said, "If two other prospects don’t commit, we will have a scholarship to offer you."

Kittle was shocked. He had attended 2 Iowa camps the previous summers and not a single coach had said a word.

Apparently they had noticed him, but didn't say anything.

Kittle was nervous, anxious, and excited with the possibility.

On signing day, George’s mom said, “He (George) wore a Hawkeye shirt under his regular shirt, just in case.”

That day, Kirk Ferentz called and they were giving him an offer. They were taking a flier on his potential.

George was ecstatic. But that was just the beginning.

He showed up that spring as an undersized TE at 6’2” 201 pounds.

When he stepped on the field, his joy and football obsession was on display, but his toughness made him stand out. He would enter drills undersized and get thrown, but he would keep at it no matter what.

Coaches immediately noticed. Ferentz said, “I’ll tell you one thing, he’s not afraid. And if he’s not afraid, he’s got a chance.”

George slowly improved, got bigger, and learned the offense from 2012-14, but he wasn't getting an opportunity because he wasn't taking football seriously enough.

That changed in 2015 when he met former Hawkeye great Pat Angerer.

Kittle said, "He (Pat) had a very similar story. He didn't play for three years, and then he figured it out and got drafted in the second round."

Angerer told him, "I partied a lot, I drank a lot and I liked to fight people when I was drunk. That's what kept me from playing. And so I looked myself in the mirror and I said, 'Those are the three things that are gonna stop me from playing and achieving my dreams.'"

That talk was a turning point for Kittle. It motivated him to do more and be better.

That offseason, he knew the only way to get on the field was to focus on being a better run-blocker. Everyone knew he could catch, but didn't see that tenacity when he blocked. So that’s where he worked.

• He worked on his strength to get stronger.
• He worked on his explosiveness to push defenders.
• He worked on his technique to drive defenders throughout the play.

Coaches and players immediately noticed the dedication and the changes because he was moving defensive lineman in practice like he never did before.

In 2015, Kittle saw more playing time because of his blocking. He even led the team with 6 TD receptions.

In 2016, he was ready for a breakout season in his senior year, but it didn’t happen due to injuries.

Kittle had laid the ground work for his skills to develop. His hard work, blocking abilities, and commitment led him to be drafted in the 5th round.

And the story doesn’t end there as he is getting ready to suit up for Super Bowl 58 next Sunday.

Takeaway 1: You create opportunities and luck through your diligence and hard work.

George Kittle's (@gkittle46) story emphasizes how consistent effort can create opportunities. Initially unnoticed at camps, his hard work caught the coaches' attention, leading to a scholarship. His ongoing dedication and fearlessness in practice not only secured his spot, but expanded his playing time. Persistence and hard work consistently will always get you noticed over the long-term.

Takeaway 2: Success doesn’t happen overnight, it is built through daily excellence.

Kittle’s rise from an under-the-radar player to a standout performer highlights that success is a gradual journey, not an overnight phenomenon. For 3 years he didn't play, but he did get better. Then when he focused and committed even more, his skill improvement became that much more noticeable. This approach highlights the importance of a growth-mindset to anything you do.

"I'm gonna try to do my job to the best of my ability and support whoever's on my team." - George Kittle

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT