ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia DA: The Work Is Done, “We’re Ready To Go”... Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Atlanta’s NBC affiliate reports:

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is speaking just ahead of potential charges being filed against former President Donald Trump and his allies. It’s still unclear if Trump will be charged by D.A. Willis, but 11Alive is getting a little more insight into what we can expect in the coming days.
Willis said she’s holding true to her commitment to giving the American people an answer by Sep. 1. This could be Trump’s third indictment case of the year. “The work is accomplished,” Willis said, “We’ve been working for two-and-a-half years. We’re ready to go.”
Willis has blocked off much of August for her team to work remotely, asking judges not to schedule trials or in-person hearings from Aug. 7 to Aug. 14.

Biden gets found guilty of treason, you good with hanging him?

Trump got found guilty of treason, I'd tie the noose.
How is Jan 6 not treason to you but traditional American corruption is? There could be nothing more American than Biden trying to get a slice of oil and gas money (hey if it's cool for Republicans right).

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
How is Jan 6 not treason to you but traditional American corruption is? There could be nothing more American than Biden trying to get a slice of oil and gas money (hey if it's cool for Republicans right).
Amazing post...pretty much encapsulates why "honest graft" and corruption will never be reigned in. Well done...

Reactions: MplsHawk
Amazing post...pretty much encapsulates why "honest graft" and corruption will never be reigned in. Well done...
I favor nationalizing American oil and gas to prevent this. You on board? You know most of right wing media outside of Murdoch is funded by oil billionaires? And they can donate to super PACs to their heart's content to prevent any effort to move away from fossil fuels.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
No, I think nationalizing the American oil and gas companies (including importers) is the only way to energy independence so we aren't as invested with our foreign policy in the affairs of kleptocracies. Also the whole oil billionaires running our country thing.
Fair enough...

I think nationalizing it opens other corruption doors. I'm sure some in political class would be on board with that...

Fair enough...

I think nationalizing it opens other corruption doors. I'm sure some in political class would be on board with that...

You're not wrong and I would definitely prefer to do it more like Norway than Saudi Arabia. But there's no such thing as "energy independence" so long as American companies are trading oil and gas in a global marketplace and that's the bulk of our energy consumption. We will always be subject to global market forces beyond our control.

I’ve always thought the phone calls to the Georgia elections people was the most egregiously illegal thing Trump did. I have no idea why they didn’t lead with this.
Gotta be at least partly so they can make sure the i's are dotted and they can figure out possibly unprecedented security for the GA state prosecutors and judges working on this? Biden only won narrowly and the Trump voters there and all over don't believe he did.

I’ve always thought the phone calls to the Georgia elections people was the most egregiously illegal thing Trump did. I have no idea why they didn’t lead with this.
Lots of road blocks put in front of the DA. The witnesses are all reluctant. Can u blame them. Do u want to risk being doxxed and dealing with multiple death threats. Just for doing a low level bureaucratic job.

You're not wrong and I would definitely prefer to do it more like Norway than Saudi Arabia. But there's no such thing as "energy independence" so long as American companies are trading oil and gas in a global marketplace and that's the bulk of our energy consumption. We will always be subject to global market forces beyond our control.
Sovereign Wealth Fund has allowed Norway to be among the richest countries in the world with an insanely robust and useful social safety net.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
The problem with the case in Georgia is that if Trump is convicted, and his appeal denied, then Brian Kemp has to issue a pardon or he cannot run for the Senate in 2026.

Whenever I see a red wine soaked Rudy Guiliani with hair dye running down his face I think of rubes like you that believe the stuff he made up about the Biden family.
No offense.
No offense taken.

You ever get tired of carrying the Biden family slop bucket?

No offense.

Reactions: goldmom
Actually I do. I hate Trump. I've always hated Trump. I have bi-partisan hate for politicians. Unlike you, I look at actions and policies to form my opinions.

Weak false-equivalence.

Trump stands alone, and you know it. What he did in Georgia was clearly illegal. Perhaps the boldest and most blatant example I've ever heard of. People like you downplaying any of this, or insinuating that it's all just "politicians" behaving like politicians, are a major part of the problem today.

Decent people of all political persuasions need to stop acting like this is not a big deal and loudly condemn Trump - and loudly point out the scale of his illegal actions.

Last edited:
Atlanta is going to be bittersweet. No more looking forward to Trump being indicated. But he could have some surprises up his sleeve.

Weak false-equivalence.

Trump stands alone, and you know it. What he did in Georgia was clearly illegal. Perhaps the boldest and most blatant example I've ever heard of. People like you downplaying any of this, or insinuating that it's all just "politicians" behaving like politicians, are a major part of the problem today.

Decent people of all political persuasions need to stop acting like this is not a big deal and loudly condemn Trump - and loudly point out the scale of his illegal actions.
I haven't downplayed anything. You just wish that was so because you only understand all or nothing. There's no false equivalency. I haven't compared Trump to anyone on a tit for tat basis. I'm simply more patient than the posters who fap at the mere thought of Trump getting indicted. Accept it.

Now, back to the day. It's a good day for Georgia, and hopefully Trump will go to jail for awhile. As I said in the other thread, I'm disappointed Graham wasn't indicted.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT