ADVERTISEMENT

Gesell taking control

nu2u

HB Legend
Aug 10, 2006
Game ball to Aaron White for sure but Mike G. turned in a solid "A" in my book.

6-12 from the field. 1-2 from 3, 2-3 FTL 6 assists, 0 TO 15 points and according to a certain poster would not play for any team in the BT.

I was almost going to start a thread on this very topic. White was fantastic but Gesell was absolutely outstanding tonight!!

Sapp continually drove and broke down the D as well. What a great performance by our guards under some close scrutiny.

Originally posted by wyohawk:
Sapp continually drove and broke down the D as well. What a great performance by our guards under some close scrutiny.
Clemmons stepped on the floor and promptly knocked down a three and pulled down a rebound. Gesell getting into a scoring groove adds a whole new dimension to defending Iowa.

Originally posted by perryhawk:
We have a very talented team. ..better than many of our own fans believe they are.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
and all the naysayers are no where to be found...the worm has turned yet they cant enjoy it as confirmed by their silence...which tells us everything...

players get better..
teams get better..

lots of first 'since'...under Coach McCaffery...over the last 3 years...today its 1st NCAA win since 2001...its been that long.....its been that .............. long.

I think the McCaffery 5 year plan can now be put to rest...we have a good coach..recruits good players..that fit I O W A.

This post was edited on 3/20 9:18 PM by hawk-i bob

Originally posted by nu2u:

Game ball to Aaron White for sure but Mike G. turned in a solid "A" in my book.
Best game of the year (Maryland game was pretty good also) IMHO. Elbow finally all healed?

elbow fully healthy and Gesell is tonights 2nd leading scorer,
AC 1-3 from 3 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal

not to bad a game out of a pair of PG that get bashed constantly on here. as not being BT guards,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT