ADVERTISEMENT

GM To Produce "Electrified Corvette" Next Year

seminole97

HR Legend
Jun 14, 2005
General Motors President Mark Reuss disclosed to CNBC's Phil LeBeau that an electrified Chevrolet Corvette will be produced in 2023.

The Chevrolet Corvette, also known as the 'Vette,' is an iconic American sports car with over 60 years of production and eight design generations. Reuss said the automaker would make two versions, one that is electrified and the other that has an internal combustion engine.

He didn't give specifics when the all-electric Corvette would be released.

"We will have an electrified Corvette next year. It's coming very quick," Reuss told LeBeau during an interview on "Squawk Box."

General Motors continues its push into EVs. The company confirmed earlier this year that a $30,000 Equinox EV and a Blazer EV would arrive in 2023. The Hummer EV is scheduled for launch in the fall.

I’m all for electric cars….but ‘Vettes are one of those special ones that you need to “feel”
I’m all for electric cars, but you can’t make a fully electric track car that doesn’t put off a dangerous amount of radiation right now.

I’m all for electric cars….but ‘Vettes are one of those special ones that you need to “feel”
Feeling 0-60 under two seconds would be pretty sweet.

super cars will all be electric soon. Unless they want their million dollars and up cars bested by a four door Tesla.

Last edited:

This isn’t targeting you and I don’t mean this to come off as insulting as it sounds, but I hate loud cars and every time I read something like this I imagine people complaining the first automobiles just aren’t the same because they don’t take a dump in the street

This isn’t targeting you and I don’t mean this to come off as insulting as it sounds, but I hate loud cars and every time I read something like this I imagine people complaining the first automobiles just aren’t the same because they don’t take a dump in the street
No offense taken. And believe me, im not one to stand in front of progress….I’m literally contemplating jumping in line for a F150 Lightning….but there is just something about a ‘Vette rumbling down the street.

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
No offense taken. And believe me, im not one to stand in front of progress….I’m literally contemplating jumping in line for a F150 Lightning….but there is just something about a ‘Vette rumbling down the street.
Good point, maybe they could add that awesome rumbling sound somehow and maybe have a smoke machine too or something for a more realistic feel. It’s just not the same unless it’s loud and stinky.

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
The new Corvettes are incredible looking and old guys who wear hold chains, white shoes and pinky rings should not be allowed to buy them. 😬

Aww, you'd like me once we get to know each other... ;)
winning-time-character-jerry-buss-1080x1920_1.jpg

To the purists that don’t want electric, why not? It will blow the doors off it’s combustion counterpart, and the best part of the old sports cars has been stripped from the vette anyway…..the manual transmission. So I’ll take that battery and sub 2 second 0-60 time over the old gas guzzler any day now.

Reactions: VodkaSam

When I first drove a teslas the only thing I could compare it to was a ship from Star Fox. It accelerated, handled, and sounded like a small video game space rocket… I immediately knew it was my next car.

I cannot imagine what the Lightning will feel like to drive. I would happily pay to test drive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT