ADVERTISEMENT

Go figure....ISU makes a massive comeback

Originally posted by Guidotheguide:
And out of the woodwork comes another low-life, bridge dwelling clown. Go take a shit maybe the hogs will eat you and do us all a favor. HAGA HAGA HAGA
roll.r191677.gif
Dear God.....

And out of the woodwork comes another low-life, bridge dwelling clown. Go take a shit maybe the hogs will eat you and do us all a favor. HAGA HAGA HAGA
roll.r191677.gif
mary jane no longer helps your pain?

Originally posted by M3 ME PLEASE:
LOL at Barnes, he should be fired immediately, just horrendous

After that last offensive rebound, Barnes should have called a time out to set up for last shot. Instead dipshit Felix chucks a 3 leaving them 5 seconds. Despite all the talent in the league, the Big 12 has the biggest collection of awful coaches that I've ever seen.
You must not watch much SEC basketball... or Pac 12?
Bill Self, Lon Kruger, Fred Hoiberg, Trent Johnson, Tubby Smith, Scott Drew and Bruce Weber have all accomplished more than about any SEC coach save Calipari and Donovan.

If I recall correctly, weren't the first 3 coaches eliminated from the Big 12 tournament all coaches who have been to the Final Four?

Dammit Farmer ISU fans are not supposed to come here and make intelligent comments.
3dsmile.r191677.gif
Well I could have also pointed out that every Big 12 coach has an NCAA win to their credit, 90% of the coaches have a Sweet Sixteen and 60% have made the Elite Eight....

Originally posted by Pauly85-2.0:
If I recall correctly, weren't the first 3 coaches eliminated from the Big 12 tournament all coaches who have been to the Final Four?
Its been over a decade since a team not named KU has made the final four....big reason why...coaching.

Yeah the SEC and Pac 12 have bad coaches...but most of those coaches just don't have the talent either. Most of the schools have zero interest in basketball. Big 12 is certainly loaded with talent...but the coaching is incredibly questionable year after year. Don't act like ISU fans dont make fun of Scott Drew and Barnes and Ford and...so on.

Weber and Smith have tournament success...yeah because they were at schools where it was easy to get talent...how they doing at KSU, Tech, Minnesota etc. when its not so easy? Smith did get kind of screwed at Minnesota though.

I would not trust this bunch come tournament time...and they will have some pretty favorable seeds this year. I guess we will see.

Ford (is OK State in after the loss tonight?)
Drew
Barnes (again bubble team, not sure if in)
Kruger

Make fun of Barnes, Drew...?? Why? Barnes has only taken them to NCAA 21 times, including Final Four. 66% winning percentage at major colleges. Drew has won more than 20 7 out of last 8 years and had Baylor rated in top 25 for 8 years straight now. If folks are making fun of those guys, what are they saying about Iowa? Quit just pulling stuff outa your arse. And get some rest.

Originally posted by disgrig:
Make fun of Barnes, Drew...?? Why? Barnes has only taken them to NCAA 21 times, including Final Four. 66% winning percentage at major colleges. Drew has won more than 20 7 out of last 8 years and had Baylor rated in top 25 for 8 years straight now. If folks are making fun of those guys, what are they saying about Iowa? Quit just pulling stuff outa your arse. And get some rest.
Are you really questioning why people make fun of Barnes or question his coaching ability? Why don't you head on over to the ShaggyBevo and ask them how they feel about Barnes.

I think Iowa would have a little bit more success if we could recruit talent easily like Kevin Durant you derp.

This post was edited on 3/13 12:06 AM by M3 ME PLEASE

Its been over a decade since a team not named KU has made the final four....big reason why...coaching.

Yeah the SEC and Pac 12 have bad coaches...but most of those coaches just don't have the talent either. Most of the schools have zero interest in basketball. Big 12 is certainly loaded with talent...but the coaching is incredibly questionable year after year. Don't act like ISU fans dont make fun of Scott Drew and Barnes and Ford and...so on.

Weber and Smith have tournament success...yeah because they were at schools where it was easy to get talent...how they doing at KSU, Tech, Minnesota etc. when its not so easy? Smith did get kind of screwed at Minnesota though.

I would not trust this bunch come tournament time...and they will have some pretty favorable seeds this year. I guess we will see.

Drew
Kruger
So Final Four is the only measure of a good coach? Self is a future Hall of Fame Coach. So is Bobby Huggins. Scott Drew took a program on deep sanctions and has now made two Elite Eights. Trent Johnson has been coach of the year in three different conferences I think (two power 5 leagues) and has Sweet Sixteens at two different ones. Lon Kruger has a long history of success. If Final Four is your only measure of success, than you are right. But to claim the Big 12 is filled with terrible coaches is laughable if you start to compare the resumes to the coaches of any other major conference right now. Top to bottom, no league can come close to having the coaching resumes the Big 12 has. That is why I found your comment so odd.

After that last offensive rebound, Barnes should have called a time out to set up for last shot. Instead dipshit Felix chucks a 3 leaving them 5 seconds. Despite all the talent in the league, the Big 12 has the biggest collection of awful coaches that I've ever seen.
What team do you coach? Are they worse than you?
I can't believe Texas hired Barnes before you!!! What the fvck where they thinking?
If you had been on the sidelines Texas would've won!!!
They must not have been able to pay you as much to coach the team as you make posting on this site!!!
Dumba**es!!!

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

What team do you coach? Are they worse than you?
I can't believe Texas hired Barnes before you!!! What the fvck where they thinking?
If you had been on the sidelines Texas would've won!!!
They must not have been able to pay you as much to coach the team as you make posting on this site!!!
Dumba**es!!!
So are you defending Barnes coaching tonight? Go ahead, make your case. Doesn't take a coaching guru to see how bad he was tonight. Again, head on over to Shaggy Bevo and see how Texas fans feel. I'm sure they will back you up.

Originally posted by FarmerClone:

Drew
Kruger
So Final Four is the only measure of a good coach? Self is a future Hall of Fame Coach. So is Bobby Huggins. Scott Drew took a program on deep sanctions and has now made two Elite Eights. Trent Johnson has been coach of the year in three different conferences I think (two power 5 leagues) and has Sweet Sixteens at two different ones. Lon Kruger has a long history of success. If Final Four is your only measure of success, than you are right. But to claim the Big 12 is filled with terrible coaches is laughable if you start to compare the resumes to the coaches of any other major conference right now. Top to bottom, no league can come close to having the coaching resumes the Big 12 has. That is why I found your comment so odd.
Including Drew on the list might have been unfair, but again I've seen ISU fans rag on him on CF over and over (and rightly so in the past) and his in game coaching abilities, definitely wasn't the case this year though. Kruger's teams have been huge disappointments in the tournament as of late despite having a lot of talent.

Maybe saying the Big 12 is loaded with terrible coaches was harsh, but its definitely filled with some of the most underachieving coaches as of late in regards to the talent they have. Hard to believe Texas may not even make the tournament now. A lot of those coaches have the resumes, but a lot of their success was many years ago and at different schools.

Originally posted by Sett1997:

Originally posted by northside_hawk:
Sports suck
They are still clowns and if you root for them you are a low life piece of shit.
laugh.r191677.gif
Or you are intelligent and support the state teams when not playing us.
You mean like ISU fans support Iowa when not playing us? Right.

Originally posted by OnceAhawk:
Originally posted by like-woahh:
Barnes is an awful coach considering the talent he gets. Holding the ball against ISU when you know they can erase a deficit in like 45 seconds?

As soon as he started doing that I knew he was keeping ISU in the game.

Equivalent of the prevent defense in football, just stupid.
yeah, holding on to the ball, trying to wind down the clock, did not work at all
Lol they were doing that basically from the start of the game? It's not like they started doing it just for the last 5 minutes. It was Texas's only way to have a chance to beat ISU and it almost worked. If you watched the first two Texas games you would understand why they were doing it.

Monte Morris is an absolute stud, and only a soph. I know we can't get a guy like him (aren't many around) but we can certainly upgrade what we currently have. Fran has to get outside his comfort zone and get after the Juco/Grad transfers that will be available in a month. We will not be as good next year with our current roster and expected recruits IMHO.

And yes, you can cheer for the other state teams. My family is a mix of Iowa, ISU and UNI alum and we don't wish death on the other teams. We have our favorites and enjoy watching the others. Life is too short to be bitter about the little things. I am off my soapbox now.

Call me crazy, but if really enjoy watching this isu team. They are a fun bunch to watch. Yes, I find myself pulling for them. Honestly, there is no reason we can't have 3 good teams in this state year in and year out. Plus, it is hard to not like hoiberg.

Barnes had the talent to make a FF run and pissed it down his leg, having the #2 player overall and #1 center in 7'0 240 lbs Turner, and he also signed 4* SF Barnett in that same class, in the 2013 class he signed 4* PG 6'4 Yancy-Harris, then in the 2012 class he signed these

5* Center 6'10 Ridley
4* Center 6'10 Ibeh
4* PG 5'11 Felix
4* PF 6'10 Lamert

Barnes as 2 5* Centers and 2 4* PG's on that team and yet Barnes pissed this season down his leg. now those fans have something to bitch about, and not you bunch of whiny lil beetches

To make a comeback like that you have to play really well and the other team needs to give you a few breaks. That certainly happened in that game.

Originally posted by gojojo:
To make a comeback like that you have to play really well and the other team needs to give you a few breaks. That certainly happened in that game.
The key for ISU is to quit sucking so bad in the first half AND play that well in the second half, and they could be poised to make a run. Playing like dog poo in the first half needs to end if they wish to play many more games.

Originally posted by gojojo:
The key for ISU is to quit sucking so bad in the first half AND play that well in the second half, and they could be poised to make a run. Playing like dog poo in the first half needs to end if they wish to play many more games.
Monte Morris is the man. Clutch shot.

Originally posted by luvmyhawks:
Call me crazy, but if really enjoy watching this isu team. They are a fun bunch to watch. Yes, I find myself pulling for them. Honestly, there is no reason we can't have 3 good teams in this state year in and year out. Plus, it is hard to not like hoiberg.
I didn't grow up in Iowa, but I have lived in IC/CR for the last 15 years and known very very few ISU fans. I'm not saying that as an indictment of their fan base, simply that obviously most of the people I know are also alumni or from the area. While I fall short of pulling for them, I'm pretty neutral. Playing and losing to ISU would be a hell of a lot worse if they were a .500 team. I can't think of anyone else in the Big XII who I would rather see succeed.

Honestly, in basketball, I kinda do. I've posted my "history" about how I viewed Iowa Basketball before, and how the Chris Street incident changed that.

But, in CBB, both programs can excel. I would love for the annual match up to be between 2 Top 10 teams...because a loss by either team in the annual meeting really doesn't affect a season. Very different than football. The non-conference season can make or break teams that are trying to improve.

Drew
Kruger
Including Drew on the list might have been unfair, but again I've seen ISU fans rag on him on CF over and over (and rightly so in the past) and his in game coaching abilities, definitely wasn't the case this year though. Kruger's teams have been huge disappointments in the tournament as of late despite having a lot of talent.

Maybe saying the Big 12 is loaded with terrible coaches was harsh, but its definitely filled with some of the most underachieving coaches as of late in regards to the talent they have. Hard to believe Texas may not even make the tournament now. A lot of those coaches have the resumes, but a lot of their success was many years ago and at different schools.
Just want to give this entire thread a bump....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT