ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga

HawkImania1

All-Conference
Sep 21, 2014
Ive watched them numerous times. I have to say Im not impressed. They would be about where IU is in the conference. I think Wisc, Maryland PU, Iowa and MSU would beat them comfortably.

Could be wrong and we will see.

This post was edited on 3/10 2:59 PM by HawkImania1

Originally posted by HawkImania1:
Ive watched them numerous times. I have to say Im not impressed. The would be about where IU is in the conference. I think Wisc, Maryland PU, Iowa and MSU would beat them comfortably.

I compare Gonzaga to Boise St in football. They play a "tough" non-conf schedule usually get a top 10 team in a neutral site tourney and they beat them. Well then they are ranked and then breeze through the WCC without any competition. Then they get up for the NCAA which is a couple of games, because they always seem to get a decent seed (10 on up). I remember back when they were a 10 seed and upset #2 seed one year. They were a good team that year and deserved to move on.

Boise used to make a living off of playing a top 20 ranked team usually the first game of the year. They would win and then get ranked like top 20 and then win out and there you have a top 15 team undefeated. If they would of had to play a normal POWER 5 schedule, they wouldn't of made it. But they played some teams where their starters didn't see the 2nd half. Pretty easy to stay injury free when your players are only playing 30min a week.

I mean they are a good program, but they play in a weak conference. I think them and UNI will struggle in the tournament (meaning they will win their first game) but fail to move on after that.

I would like to see Gonzaga and UNI play each other. It would be very interesting. I think UNI would give them a good game and wouldn't surprise me if they beat them.

Originally posted by HawkImania1:
Ive watched them numerous times. I have to say Im not impressed. They would be about where IU is in the conference. I think Wisc, Maryland PU, Iowa and MSU would beat them comfortably.

This post was edited on 3/10 2:59 PM by HawkImania1
Except IU doesn't have a 7-foot 285 pound big man who's pretty good around the basket. I truly don't know how they'll do in the tourney, but I wouldn't underestimate them.

There are a lot of teams you do not want to underestimate, otherwise they will be moving forward to the next round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT