ADVERTISEMENT

Comrade Harris said J6 was worse than 9/11

Democracy wasn’t in danger of collapsing on Jan 6.
That depends on how you view the steadfastness of one man - Mike Pence.

If Pence does not accept formal certification, the process could have easily unraveled into chaos, the outcome of which could have overturned the election result (as officially certified by each state).

How do YOU think 9/11 threatened American democracy?
If you truly believe 1/6 had any chance of success to destroy democracy, you are as deluded as the folks who would pay to follow a blogger. Neither event was going to change the course of our country, despite the severity of both.

Democracy wasn’t in danger of collapsing on Jan 6.
It wasnt on 9/11 either……There was a more DIRECT threat to democracy….in fact there was an act of TREASON committed by the TOURISTS and Trump on 1/6…they interfered with the orderly transfer of power of the United States government….which by Constitutional definition IS an act of treason.

OP, aka Simple Jack, as mentioned in another thread regarding this; One event was a threat to the country. The other was a threat to its democratic experiment. Two different things.
If the military backed it you might have something.

A few hundred rednecks? No

If the military backed it you might have something.

A few hundred rednecks? No
Bullshit!
Treason and the Constitution make no such provisions. The nation’s most famous traitor (Benedict Arnold) damn near single-handedly committed treason vs. the nation but it is still treason.
I dont understand all you Trump/MAGA apologists out there…..not for the life of me.

Reactions: torbee
If you truly believe 1/6 had any chance of success to destroy democracy, you are as deluded as the folks who would pay to follow a blogger. Neither event was going to change the course of our country, despite the severity of both.
I don’t think it had anymore chance of success than the Confederacy.

There were people involved with January 6th who attempted to prevent the peaceful transition of power. If members of Congress had been taken hostage, it would have created a Constitutional crisis.

Then what was “the Tourists” purpose of invading the Capitol Building and its House and Senate chambers during the scheduled formal certification of the election results and official tabulation of the Electoral College votes, thus certifying Joe Biden as President of the US? Why were these Tourists breaking into members offices and searching for certain leaders? Why were Congressmen of both parties being evacuated from the premises while the Tourists carried on their vandalism? Why were Capitol police being attacked, maced and killed by these Tourists?
Answer me these questions, ‘cause I got more for you to answer, you stupid ignorant sumbitch. !

Then what was “the Tourists” purpose of invading the Capitol Building and its House and Senate chambers during the scheduled formal certification of the election results and official tabulation of the Electoral College votes, thus certifying Joe Biden as President of the US? Why were these Tourists breaking into members offices and searching for certain leaders? Why were Congressmen of both parties being evacuated from the premises while the Tourists carried on their vandalism? Why were Capitol police being attacked, maced and killed by these Tourists?
Answer me these questions, ‘cause I got more for you to answer, you stupid ignorant sumbitch. !
They might have and could have done far worse than they managed. My point is that it wouldn’t have converted our democracy into (I guess is what you’re thinking) a dictatorship.
I’ve said several times I thought Trump was the worst president ever. I don’t want him to win again. I’ve blamed him for not reacting soon enough to stop the insurrection attempt. I just don’t think it would have changed our form of government. WAIT, is that the sky I see falling.

Sure as hell was, one poor decision by Mike Pence away from a full-blown constitutional crisis unlike anything since the 18th century.
lol…so you actually thought a bunch of rioters, mostly unarmed, were going to overthrow the U.S. government? 😳

Pretty disgusting these two events are even being compared.
To clarify, you realize it's the right that is comparing them, not Harris. Harris did not say J6 was worse than 9/11. She said J6 was the worst threat to democracy since the civil war. She in no way made any comparison to 9/11.

To clarify, you realize it's the right that is comparing them, not Harris. Harris did not say J6 was worse than 9/11. She said J6 was the worst threat to democracy since the civil war. She in no way made any comparison to 9/11.
I don't give a shit who is comparing them. It's gross.

So much anger, lol.

Now, can you point out where I said it was "better?"

I said one was more of a threat to American democracy than the other. Both were egregious.
If one is "worse", then the other is better by definition. Try reading your first post in this thread. Smh

The patriot act would have never passed prior to 9/11. Surveillance state. There was plenty of info available to the powers that be to stop the attacks, they just didn’t communicate the threat amongst each other. The attackers and planners, wanted to destroy America, in turn would have also directly destroyed democracy. Some could argue the patriot act put major dents into democracy.

While J6 was dumb as hell, I do cringe when I hear people say it ruined or would have ruined democracy in America, that’s a bridge too far. Everyone who participated is a fool and could also be labeled a traitor. But it’s not as if the structure of the government would have fallen because of it.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
While J6 was dumb as hell, I do cringe when I hear people say it ruined or would have ruined democracy in America, that’s a bridge too far. Everyone who participated is a fool and could also be labeled a traitor. But it’s not as if the structure of the government would have fallen because of it.
To be clear, it is a THREAT to democracy. And honestly, it’s still an active threat.

Good points on 9/11 and the surveillance state though. That definitely is a negative and anti-democratic.

GXMqzeSWIAA3fop

If one is looking objectively at which event had the potential to damage the American project (i.e. being the leading light in democracy for the world) Jan. 6 was far worse than Sept. 11.

I hope you or anyone else does not actually believes this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT