ADVERTISEMENT

Good for Curt Schilling

Free speech doesn't have its limits really. There are at times though consequences for words just as there are for actions. GFY. See, I said it.

I wonder how the fired Yankees employee feels about twitter now.

Stark. Raving. Idiot.

Free speech does have its limits. The classic example is you can't shout "fire" in a crowded theater (unless the theater is actually on fire). You are not allowed to lie about people either. More and more, freedom of speech is being eroded by political correctness as well.
The consequences you mentioned are the results of the limits.

I can't believe there are people complaining that Curt Schilling got someone fired. No, that guy got himself fired by posting something completely inappropriate, apparently in violation of 'company policy.'

Good for Curt.

He's fair game for the trolls since he's a former sports star and an outspoken guy with plenty of enemies. If the vitriol were made just against him, Curt would just ignore it like all the other Yankee hate mail he's gotten since his playing days with the Red Sox and the Diamondbacks.

His daughter is not fair game for these faceless jackwagons. When you recommend violent sexual and hate acts against a female teenager you deserve to have your real identity exposed and let the chips fall where they may with employers, family and friends.

Social media justice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT