ADVERTISEMENT

Teacher fired after refusing to use student’s preferred pronouns scores major legal victory.

This board was way better when you took your ball and went home.

Ohhhh…buddy. Does this mean we’re not going to be friends?!

200w.gif

If this is allowed to be considered a first amendment right, will it be okay for coaches to refer to male athletes they believe are being weak Miss, she, or her? I mean if a teacher doesn't have to respect transgender pronouns why should they have to respect cis gender pronouns?
I honestly don’t know, but don’t coaches do that anymore? They sure did in my day, but I am old, but they did when my son played too and he’s in his 20’s. Would be surprised if coaches don’t now.

I honestly don’t know, but don’t coaches do that anymore? They sure did in my day, but I am old, but they did when my son played too and he’s in his 20’s. Would be surprised if coaches don’t now.
They probably do, but if their administration told them to stop and they continued I imagine they'd be dismissed as well.

Reactions: EasyHawk
They probably do, but if their administration told them to stop and they continued I imagine they'd be dismissed as well.

Why don’t you believe in consent?

Why do you believe forcing others to believe what you believe is nice or good? This motive to coerce and to dominate is an ugly dark impulse.

Reread this post.
I am referring to the OP which said:
Legal Actions Post-Firing
Following his dismissal, Vlaming initiated legal proceedings against the school board in 2019. The controversy centered around his refusal to use male pronouns for a transgender boy, opting instead to avoid pronouns entirely when addressing or referring to the student.

Am I misunderstanding the context of that?

I am referring to the OP which said:
Legal Actions Post-Firing
Following his dismissal, Vlaming initiated legal proceedings against the school board in 2019. The controversy centered around his refusal to use male pronouns for a transgender boy, opting instead to avoid pronouns entirely when addressing or referring to the student.

Am I misunderstanding the context of that?
No, but when I click on the link the OP posted I can't find where it said any of the statements in his post so I did a little further digging and found two more articles that are linked in my post. Did you click on the OP's link?

Nope - any first year law student could win that case in court.
Iowa is an at will state which means they can fire you for almost anything. Unless there is a contract involved an employer in Iowa can fire you for any reason.

According to you an employer can fire you for being black, or a homo?
No, you can't be fired for being a member of a protected class. Your original response was about being told to refer to a furry as kitty. What protected class would allow me to refuse this directive?

No, you can't be fired for being a member of a protected class. Your original response was about being told to refer to a furry as kitty. What protected class would allow me to refuse this directive?
Unless there is a contract involved an employer in Iowa can fire you for any reason.

You posted it.

Unless there is a contract involved an employer in Iowa can fire you for any reason.

You posted it.
It's true, employers don't have to give a reason for firing you. If they're stupid enough to say you were fired for being black, gay, female, etc. then their screwed, but otherwise they can fire Rico with no justification and you're out of luck.

Like I said a woman in Iowa was fired for being too attractive and it stood up in court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT