ADVERTISEMENT

Good game Hawkeyes

What a game. That was a great win, because Pitt is very good. They are going to win a lot of games and have a bright future with their new coach.

We always seem to play these tight games, which are a lot of fun to watch. I wish we had won, but your kids did a great job tonight. Good luck the rest of the way.

Panda

Great post. Pitt is tough and will do very well in the ACC. Best of luck!

Great game. I look forward to playing you guys. Pitt's defense laid a lot of big hits but it didn't seem to affect your QB. Pretty tough kid.

Reactions: And1Hawk
Most of us would gladly trade Maryland and Rutgers for Pitt and Mizzou.

And not just because we like snappy nicknames. :cool:
If (when) expansion starts up again, I don't think we have a shot at pulling Mizzou out of the SEC, but my top candidates would be Pitt, Virginia and Syracuse. Always enjoy playing Pitt. Very solid program, great school and the fans have always been good.

The Pitt-PSU rivalry is much more bitter than I ever realized, too. Bringing Pitt into the B1G would presumably intensify that rivalry even more, which would be entertaining.

Great Game by both teams, we just had the ball last. Pitt fans should be excited for this team and where they are going. If Narduzzi can recruit some elite talent, Pitt will be contending for ACC championships in the very near future. Good luck the rest of the way.

Very enjoyable four game series between Pitt and Iowa. All four games decided by four or less. Good luck the rest of the way Hawkeyes. Don't take Ferentz for granted.

If (when) expansion starts up again, I don't think we have a shot at pulling Mizzou out of the SEC, but my top candidates would be Pitt, Virginia and Syracuse. Always enjoy playing Pitt. Very solid program, great school and the fans have always been good.
Agreed. Ol' Doodle was more thinking back when we had the chance to pull Mizzou out of the Big Twelve....and Pitt out of the now defunct Big East. The opportunity was there, but Delaney wanted the TV sets more than anything else. And frankly, Doodle is not convinced enough people in the greater NYC area care enough about Rutgers to have made it worthwhile.

Pitt fans ought to be happy about one thing, at least.....their QB controversy is over. They found their man tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT