ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck against Purdue today

You’re the man Pepsi. Out of curiosity, how did you end up following Iowa in the first place?
Tailgated with your fans 2009 Outback Bowl . You guys beat our brains in but had a great time with your fans .My bucket list is going to a Hawkeye game at Kinnick Stadium . Maybe next year when thes damn virus is over

Yup. Pepsi has been a great honorary Hawkeye fan for a while now. In fact, we gained a lot of fans from South Carolina after that bowl game on New Year's of 2009.

It was a great time. My first ever bowl game attended. NYE was pretty crazy......I may have passed out sitting in a very uncomfortable chair after getting back from the bars, and then had to shower and get ready in 10 minutes the next morning to drive my crew to the bowl game.

Being totally honest, I had more fun at the Orange Bowl the following year because I didn't have to be a designated driver. Not that I didn't have fun watching Iowa win the Outback Bowl.

But enough about me/csb.

Pepsi has been a devoted lurker since that game, and we certainly appreciate him and any other South Carolina fan that's made the trip over here to wish us well over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT