ADVERTISEMENT

Good Movie Thread

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Ok folks. I’m in the mood for one. I’m thinking something along the lines of the ones I’m gonna list below but not those because I’ve seen them. Please understand I’m here asking because I’ve pretty much seen everything but there alway a few I haven’t and would love to stumble upon a good one.

I’d like it to be made after 1980.

Something along the lines of…

Michael Clayton
Hard Eight
Spanish Prisoner
House of Games
Grosse Point Blank
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Burn After Reading

What we got?!?

The Proposition is one of the best westerns nobody ever talks about. Old Henry too.

I just watched The Cursed which is the best werewolf movie I've ever seen.

The Pale Blue Eye is one of the better films I've ever seen.

For your category:
Killing Them Softly
Out Of The Furnace
Gone Baby Gone

I dunno you said you've seen them all.

The Proposition is one of the best westerns nobody ever talks about. Old Henry too.

I just watched The Cursed which is the best werewolf movie I've ever seen.

The Pale Blue Eye is one of the better films I've ever seen.

For your category:
Killing Them Softly
Out Of The Furnace
Gone Baby Gone

I dunno you said you've seen them all.
I think Out of the Furnace is only one incident see. Good list! Thanks

Reactions: Fan In Black
You may be better served with a good series, movies suck lately.

HBO had a run of good thriller series, Prime has several good options also for original series

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Ok folks. I’m in the mood for one. I’m thinking something along the lines of the ones I’m gonna list below but not those because I’ve seen them. Please understand I’m here asking because I’ve pretty much seen everything but there alway a few I haven’t and would love to stumble upon a good one.

Michael Clayton
Hard Eight
Spanish Prisoner
House of Games
Grosse Point Blank
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Burn After Reading

What we got?!?
Michael Clayton and Burn After Reading are 2 of my favorites. I have to rewatch Burn After reading every 2 or 3 months. Hilarious.

If you haven't seen Peanut Butter Falcon I would really recommend it. If that movie doesn't move you emotionally there is something wrong with you. It's heart warming and original.
Good call. Need to check it out. I just turned on the Legacy Monsters thing on Apple. Let’s see how that goes.

Rewatched Patriot the past few days

Reactions: Pinehawk
Good call. Need to check it out. I just turned on the Legacy Monsters thing on Apple. Let’s see how that goes.

Rewatched Patriot the past few days
put that film above all else I recommended. As someone that has guided young people you are the perfect audiance for that movie. It's inspirational and cuts to what is important in life and humanity.

Reactions: seminoleed
It’s from 1968, so it doesn’t meet your criteria. But the most criminally under watched movie of all time has to be Once Upon A Time In The West. The best Western ever, and a top ten all-time movie. But even film buffs I know have never seen it, and many have never even heard of it.

Michael Clayton
Hard Eight
Spanish Prisoner
House of Games
Grosse Point Blank
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Burn After Reading

What we got?!?
Breaker Morant with Jack Thompson and Bryan Brown
A River Runs Through it with a young Brad Pitt & Craig Sheffer (Robert Redford Director based on true story)
Magic with Anthony Hopkins and Ann Margaret
Coma with Michael Douglas & Genevieve Bujold
Capricorn One with Sam Waterston, James Brolin and O. J. Simpson
China Syndrome with Jack Lemon, Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas

-Gone Girl doubled down on "Intrigue."

-Argentina 1985 (Courtroom drama involving an obscure prosecutor being thrust into the center of media attention with no chance for a win ... Think "a Few Good Men," set in the higher reaches of a corrupt SA government.

previously mentioned in this thread:

-'The Assassination of Jessie James by the Coward Robert Ford (Written by Ron Hansen, a Writers Workshop guy)

-Wind River

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT