ADVERTISEMENT

GoT thread...there will be spoilers.

Mance is burned to death in the book.....only it turned out it was a trick, somebody else was substituted for him, and he's still alive.
It was Bones that replaced him I believe, a character that showed up in the preview for next week,....FYI.

Some of the scenes were once again hurried and it seems like they really are rushing to get to certain points in the overall stories of specific characters. Like we probably could've done with a little more set-up and another episode or two of Tyrion and Jorah surviving life in the fighting pits before they bump into Dany.

Cersei is f***ed, but that's been established for some time. The only question is....starting next season, will she get a chance for revenge?

The main difference between Ramsey and Joffrey was the fact that Joffrey was still more or less a child/teen, while Ramsey was essentially a young adult. Ramsey has spent years developing his twisted tastes and he is not a coward, unlike Joffrey.

Why does Melisandre want Stannis to kill his daughter? See, that scene and it magically being winter are what piss me off about how you have an army that can carry out retribution and suddenly...sh** goes awry at the last second and the wheels fall off.

Now more than likely we're gonna see a path that leads to Stannis' army falling at Winterfell and the Boltons victorious. Or if nothing else, Stannis' days are numbered.....

I do agree though that they are trying to make him a more likeable character....which is odd considering there's that whole "I killed my younger brother out of spite, if for no other reason" thing.

I still think the last episode is the betrayal of Jon Snow....though as fast as they're pushing everything, it could also be in the 9th episode where all the crazy "bad" sh** usually happens each season.

All I know is the next few episodes are set up to be pretty huge. I am also curious when zombie Mountain will make his return. They hinted at him weeks and weeks ago and nothing since.

Well, I would assume at the end of Cersei's walk....

That would be interesting. Would he help her or suish her head like a grape?

I would like to see Littlefinger waiting for Cersei at the end of her walk/crawl, then send her to one of his brothels where she could do something useful for a change.

That would be interesting. Would he help her or suish her head like a grape?

I would like to see Littlefinger waiting for Cersei at the end of her walk/crawl, then send her to one of his brothels where she could do something useful for a change.

When The Mountain (Gregor) was killed, Qyburn asked Cersei if he could have his body. They sent his head to Dorne, to Oberyn's brother. Qyburn was a castoff before Cersei reinstated him because he was playing around with necromancing and other dark powers. Basically, everybody assumes that Robert Strong is Zombie headless Mountain. Qyburn, or somebody, mentions that Strong has taken a vow of silence until all of Cersei's enemies are killed. Well, that is an endless job. But, either way, he is going to be her champion, so I don't think he is going to squish her head.

So Robert Strong = Mountain?
And his head was sent to Dorne?

That's what the implication is. Gregor's head was sent to Dorne, and Oberyn's brother and wife seemed to think it was large enough to be his head. It doesn't really matter if it was sent or not. Robert Strong has a full helm, and doesn't speak, so Qyburn may have made a headless Frankenstein, or put a different head on him.

Gregor
gregor_clegane__a_song_of_ice_and_fire_by_nickkalinin-d6417rk.jpg

Robert Strong

300px-Ser_robert_strong.jpg

When The Mountain (Gregor) was killed, Qyburn asked Cersei if he could have his body. They sent his head to Dorne, to Oberyn's brother. Qyburn was a castoff before Cersei reinstated him because he was playing around with necromancing and other dark powers. Basically, everybody assumes that Robert Strong is Zombie headless Mountain. Qyburn, or somebody, mentions that Strong has taken a vow of silence until all of Cersei's enemies are killed. Well, that is an endless job. But, either way, he is going to be her champion, so I don't think he is going to squish her head.

You must be going by the books. HBO may take some liberties with the Mountain's storyline. They seem to be doing a lot of that this season.

You must be going by the books. HBO may take some liberties with the Mountain's storyline. They seem to be doing a lot of that this season.
They've laid hints out about it since last season though. There was a scene where Qyburn was in his laboratory and you could see the mountains body still on the table under a clothe. The body convulsed a bit during one scene.
Plus last season he hinted that he could 'save' him and that he may come back different to Cersei.

Yeah, it's hard to anticipate now because they are doing some splitting away, but they have included much of the Robert Strong stuff in the series. I'm only guessing they are going to follow the book on this part. Someone mentioned they read about the filming of Cersei's walk.

They've laid hints out about it since last season though. There was a scene where Qyburn was in his laboratory and you could see the mountains body still on the table under a clothe. The body convulsed a bit during one scene.
Plus last season he hinted that he could 'save' him and that he may come back different to Cersei.

Yes, but I don't recall anything about his head.

Yes, but I don't recall anything about his head.
Probably leaving that part out. There was supposed to be a part about Tywin/Cersei trying to appease the King of Dorne by showing them his head, due to the Mountain admitting what he had done to Oberyns sister and them not wanting to have to deal with Dornes retribution.

Yeah, I saw the scene with Qyburn giving the Mountain a crude transfusion and Cersei commissioning him to do what he could to save him, knowing he will be 'changed'. I did not realize he was headless.

I was glad to see Cersei kick Pycelle out of his own laboratory. He's always been a POS.

Yeah, I saw the scene with Qyburn giving the Mountain a crude transfusion and Cersei commissioning him to do what he could to save him, knowing he will be 'changed'. I did not realize he was headless.

I was glad to see Cersei kick Pycelle out of his own laboratory. He's always been a POS.

To be clear, and I could be wrong, I don't think the head-removal is part of the show...at least not yet.

I think they have had 3 different actors play The Mountain in the series. Finding a 4th that is headless might prove challenging.

I think they have had 3 different actors play The Mountain in the series. Finding a 4th that is headless might prove challenging.
Nah. Get the guy who played the title role in "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow."

Incidentally, I'm thinking I wasn't paying enough attention when I read the books. I sort of bing-read them on my Kindle while on vacation. My memory of the events vis-a-vis Cersei don't seem to be the same as I'm reading here.

Nah. Get the guy who played the title role in "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow."

Incidentally, I'm thinking I wasn't paying enough attention when I read the books. I sort of bing-read them on my Kindle while on vacation. My memory of the events vis-a-vis Cersei don't seem to be the same as I'm reading here.

I think 1-3 were easy to comprehend with one reading. Don't knock yourself out over not remembering 5. He has introduced a shit tone of storylines and people, and the timing is all wacky with 4 and 5 going on at the same time. Plus, 4 filled our heads with chapters of useless information.

I think 1-3 were easy to comprehend with one reading. Don't knock yourself out over not remembering 5. He has introduced a shit tone of storylines and people, and the timing is all wacky with 4 and 5 going on at the same time. Plus, 4 filled our heads with chapters of useless information.
I'm virtually certain Mountain died in the book. Took him one hell of a long time, but he eventually died.

One problem with Kindle is that it's not all that easy to flip through the pages and find a particular passage.

I'm virtually certain Mountain died in the book. Took him one hell of a long time, but he eventually died.

One problem with Kindle is that it's not all that easy to flip through the pages and find a particular passage.

Yeah, he dead. Just like Catelyn and Beric....

Yeah, he dead. Just like Catelyn and Beric....
That's what I mean....to my memory, he hasn't made the zombie thing like Catelyn. Whom I am still not sure is undead. I'm not sure whether the dog saved her, or just hauled her lifeless carcass out of the water, figured it wasn't good to eat, and let it lie on the bank to rot like a carp.

The new Gregor would slot next to Andre the Giant. The Rock is only 6'5", so there is a big gap there. New Gregor weighs over 4 bills, he is a massive mountain of man.

I think this season of GoT pretty much brings the show current with the books. Does it seem odd to anyone that they have left out the Young Griff / Aegon story line?
Not really. It seems that it was just another character that Martin came up with and pretty much has the same background/storyline as Danny except w/o an army or dragons. No need to try to jam another similar storyline into the show that has a limited showtime.

This is Martin's problem writing the books now. There is too much shit going on that he has to figure out how to relate and end each and every story. The show seems to be a TLDR of the books. I think its in a good way too. I see it as the reason for so many more discrepancies. .

Not really. It seems that it was just another character that Martin came up with and pretty much has the same background/storyline as Danny except w/o an army or dragons. No need to try to jam another similar storyline into the show that has a limited showtime.

This is Martin's problem writing the books now. There is too much shit going on that he has to figure out how to relate and end each and every story. The show seems to be a TLDR of the books. I think its in a good way too. I see it as the reason for so many more discrepancies. .
It does seem that they are cutting out or compressing unnecessary/tangential story lines. So I guess maybe Young Griff really wasn't Aegon, the prince that was promised, etc. Maybe lending support to the theory that Jon the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, is the prince that was promised, etc... Or maybe it is just that Dany is too much of an audience draw to dilute.

It seems a little weird because in the books, Aegon's advance on Westeros is the spark that brings Daeny out of her funk. Maybe they don't have Daeny going into a funk on the series.

I can possibly see a parallel between Aegon and Oberyn, and maybe HBO just said enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT