ADVERTISEMENT

Grayson Allen

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
My friends and I were talking during the NC game how a kid no one has ever heard of before, of course, goes off to help beat Wisconsin. We were joking he would never have a game like that again. Well, we were wrong. After some research this morning and watching his highlights from HS, Holy cow this kid will be good. And yes I know it's a Hawkeye board, hence the OT.

https://youtu.be/TRyLYcMgNFk

Said I hadn't heard of him. I don't follow college bball recruits that closely if iowa isn't involved. I couldn't name you 3 McDonalds All Americans this year.

Originally posted by Derekd3408:
Said I hadn't heard of him[/I]. I don't follow college bball recruits that closely if iowa isn't involved. I couldn't name you 3 McDonalds All Americans this year.
Nope, you said "No one has ever heard of" see below.

"how a kid no one has ever heard of[/I] before, of course, goes off to help beat Wisconsin."

Plenty of people had heard of him, most people who follow college basketball knew who he was.

He has the potential to be one of the most hated Dukies. Grayson Allen sounds like a d-bag name. Like a kid with a large trust fund. Plus he's going to be successful. Gonna drive people nuts.

I've met him a few times. He coached my kid at Laetner's camp at our gym. Great kid. Sick talent. Went to Providence in Jax.

Oh yeah...double name drop post!

Notre Dame has a stud white SG named Rex Pflueger (spelled something like that) who is going to be a guy you will love or hate. Can shoot, handle and has bounce. Has swag... or some will call him cocky. But will be surpised if he isn't a starter or a guy who plays a lot next yr as a frosh.

I know this is not PC but I'm struggling to recall a white BB player with that combination of ball handling and hops. Not just hops but the ability to use them in-game in such a productive way.

Originally posted by lucas80:
He has the potential to be one of the most hated Dukies. Grayson Allen sounds like a d-bag name. Like a kid with a large trust fund. Plus he's going to be successful. Gonna drive people nuts.
I bet he keeps some of those packets of Grey Poupon inside his bb shorts. Everybody hate him.

Originally posted by Tenacious E:
I know this is not PC but I'm struggling to recall a white BB player with that combination of ball handling and hops. Not just hops but the ability to use them in-game in such a productive way.
Here's my nomination. I actually gave him the nickname Vanilla Sky on the WVU board. ESPN the magazine mentioned the nickname in an interview with Dan Patrick. CSB.

Joe Alexander

Originally posted by Funky Bunch:
Originally posted by Tenacious E:
Here's my nomination. I actually gave him the nickname Vanilla Sky on the WVU board. ESPN the magazine mentioned the nickname in an interview with Dan Patrick. CSB.
Weird, I've never heard of him before. Googled and see he's 6'8 and has played in the NBA. Obviously a talent that can sky. At 6'8 more of a doug thomas thunder dunker. Not the same shake and bake dribbling and passing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT