ADVERTISEMENT

Great Article From Blackhearts

I want to get to a point where I can’t fathom betting on an Iowa football game. I can do it without remorse, because I have no hope for anything different than what we’ve seen since the 2021 Penn State win, which was quite
the mirage.

2019 was the last time I felt like Iowa could hang with anyone. But we’re on year 3 of not having a chance against the kinds of teams that we used to give absolute fits.

To say this is just one game and we have to clean up a few things and that’s football so we aren’t changing anything is simply insulting to one of the most loyal fanbases in college sports. The Offense has been complete trash for over 3 years and prior to that it was average at best.

Broken is a good way to describe how we feel. If it wasn’t for a cupcake schedule this would be a perennial .500 team on a good year.

Makes me wonder if Kirk hangs it up this year as the conference gets even more athletic with those new teams
fingers-crossed.gif

To say this is just one game and we have to clean up a few things and that’s football so we aren’t changing anything is simply insulting to one of the most loyal fanbases in college sports. The Offense has been complete trash for over 3 years and prior to that it was average at best.

Broken is a good way to describe how we feel. If it wasn’t for a cupcake schedule this would be a perennial .500 team on a good year.
Agree completely. The offensive problems obviously go far beyond one bad game, and KF knows it. That was a highly disingenuous thing for him to try and sneak by Iowa fans.

I want to get to a point where I can’t fathom betting on an Iowa football game. I can do it without remorse, because I have no hope for anything different than what we’ve seen since the 2021 Penn State win, which was quite
the mirage.

2019 was the last time I felt like Iowa could hang with anyone. But we’re on year 3 of not having a chance against the kinds of teams that we used to give absolute fits.

This is such a great point. I think this is ultimately why I'm so angry with what's happening. We knew we could compete against great teams. I had hope against PSU because I thought they weren't that great. Maybe they aren't, who knows, but we absolutely could not compete at all with a team like that.

Shawshank Redemption GIF

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
So, this is what Hokie fans felt like living through the final days of Beamer Ball.
I kinda actually really hope that's what this is ..... that we are in those excruciating final 'days' of an expiring regime.

Because if its not, and it some how/some way gets even worse than what has been happening for the last few years?? Holy shitballs, Batman.

It can't get even worse, right? ... Right?! ..... RIGHT!?!?!?

And the whole time, KF is up there at the podium shilling out the same "we know what we're doing" bs every post game.

things-are-never-gonna-change-around-here-stuart-mccormick.gif

I kinda actually really hope that's what this is ..... that we are in those excruciating final 'days' of an expiring regime.

Because if its not, and it some how/some way gets even worse than what has been happening for the last few years?? Holy shitballs, Batman.

It can't get even worse, right? ... Right?! ..... RIGHT!?!?!?

And the whole time, KF is up there at the podium shilling out the same "we know what we're doing" bs every post game.

things-are-never-gonna-change-around-here-stuart-mccormick.gif
It can get worse, as a Nebraska fan living thru a 20 + year dumpster fire with one decent year 2009 with Suh. Hold my beer.

This is such a great point. I think this is ultimately why I'm so angry with what's happening. We knew we could compete against great teams. I had hope against PSU because I thought they weren't that great. Maybe they aren't, who knows, but we absolutely could not compete at all with a team like that.

What frustrates me about Saturday was it reminded me of the absolute lows from BF as an OC. Most of the time, you can at least sense they had a game plan - even if it clearly wasn’t working, or the play calls were atrocious. I watched that game wondering what it was that BF was attempting to do for most of the game.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Why is this a “great article”? It just mindlessly regurgitates the same points in every article out there. We get it, iowas offense sucks. Everybody is talking about it. Everyone knows this.

Does this linked article say anything unique? Make any interesting points? No. It’s a pretty much copy and pasted from the many many other things out there about iowas inept offense. And poorly written, at that.

• Haha
Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Why is this a “great article”? It just mindlessly regurgitates the same points in every article out there. We get it, iowas offense sucks. Everybody is talking about it. Everyone knows this.

Does this linked article say anything unique? Make any interesting points? No. It’s a pretty much copy and pasted from the many many other things out there about iowas inept offense. And poorly written, at that.
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
"How many times have we all read the Scott Dochterman paragraph where he explains how inept this team has been on the ground? 50 times in the last 3 years minimum?"

Can anyone elaborate on this?

50 times? What's this about?

The number one reason he still wants to coach is to protect his son's career.

#1.

NUMBER ONE.

NUMERO UNO.

Don’t agree with this. He is, and has always been an extremely stubborn man who hates to change. Remember when he changed the practice times in 2015 and that was downright revolutionary for him.

To some extent I think he genuinely dislikes all the changes happening in college football and this is part of how he’s lashing out as a result.

Really hope he retires soon or this could really ruin all the incredible things he’s done the past 25 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT