ADVERTISEMENT

Great game by one of the Hawkeye greats

slipHawk

HR Heisman
Mar 21, 2003
What a game, what a player. This has turned into a season I don't want to end. DON'T LET IT STOP HAWKS!!

Aaron, we know you don't want to stop playing.

It's so exciting to see how well these guys are playing together here late in the season. The team chemistry, to me, has just been over the top. This is exactly what we need to go into tournaments. If we end up getting the 5 seed BTT, this win makes me feel better about our second round game vs. a bottom feeder. Great game Hawks!

Thanks to Aaron White, Gabe Olaseni, Josh Oglesby, and Kyle Denning! Keep it rolling.

Huge props to all the seniors, And a special shout out to Aaron White, Thanks for being the cornerstone of turning the basketball program around. Not only the play on the court, Also showing the work ethic and commitment it takes to make yourself a better player each and every day.
happy0030.r191677.gif

I said it early in the game thread, at the risk of jinxing the game, but Aaron White was not going to let us lose today! His intensity was the most I've ever seen from him! Amazing performance!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm not afraid to admit that I was a little emotional watching him come out of the game for the last time at Carver. Definitely going to miss watching him play!

Edit: Sorry for the double posts today. My internet/yahoo is acting up!

This post was edited on 3/7 1:30 PM by crHawkeye92

Originally posted by crHawkeye92:
I'm not afraid to admit that I was a little emotional watching him come out of the game for the last time at Carver. Definitely going to miss watching him play!
Me too. For someone that didn't even know Iowa was a state before coming here, he sure has meant a lot to the basketball program. I hope he keeps playing with this urgency he has shown the last couple games. We keep getting 20+ from him, watch out.

I think Rivals is using two potatoes connected with pipe cleaners in place of their regular servers today.

The hug between White and Fran after he pulled the seniors was a pretty special moment. What a career!

I wish Iowa kept track of dunk totals like some other schools do. AW is the undisputed dunk champion at Iowa I'd just like to know by how wide a margin.

Originally posted by hawkeye ball:

The hug between White and Fran after he pulled the seniors was a pretty special moment. What a career!
Gotta admit, I got a little misty eyed when it looked like the Franimal was holding back tears.

I'm a sucker for this kind of thing, where just straight up hard work pays off and a person reaches their goals. I love it.

Also exemplifies the relationship Fran has with his players.

Originally posted by like-woahh:
Originally posted by hawkeye ball:

Gotta admit, I got a little misty eyed when it looked like the Franimal was holding back tears.

I'm a sucker for this kind of thing, where just straight up hard work pays off and a person reaches their goals. I love it.

Also exemplifies the relationship Fran has with his players.
11057718_10152604853616574_8954513365241763580_n.jpg

Originally posted by BubsFinn:

I think Rivals is using two potatoes connected with pipe cleaners in place of their regular servers today.
Wow yeah, I wondered if anybody else was having problems but figured it would take too long to ask the way things were going.. Some really weird stuff going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT