ADVERTISEMENT

Great Old Movies Millenials have NEVER seen

BigDelHawk

HB Legend
Jan 9, 2004
What have you got?

I suggest Giant with James Dean, Rock Hudson, Sal Minneo, Dennis Hopper and Elizabeth Taylor.

American Beauty

Charlie Varrick

Last edited:
Reactions: Tunadog and h-hawk
These don't seem to be on TV as much as they should be -

Dodsworth
Friendly Persuasion
Shadow of a Doubt (Hitchcock's personal favorite.)
Beau Geste (1939)
The Four Feathers (1939)

Heck, just look up 1939 and watch as many of these as you can:)

iu

I was born in 80. There are few movies I can watch older than 1990, and almost zero older than me.

The acting/dialogue is just too forced and phoney. I can’t take any of it seriously. So unless it’s intended to be campy, count me out.

Reactions: Moral
Is there another American Beauty or is OP referring to the Kevin Spacey film? I think most millennials who care to have prob seen that one but Gen Z maybe not so much yet. But any millennial who hasn't should.

Some good suggestions ITT. Especially from moral

Reactions: ping72 and Moral
I was born in 80. There are few movies I can watch older than 1990, and almost zero older than me.

The acting/dialogue is just too forced and phoney. I can’t take any of it seriously. So unless it’s intended to be campy, count me out.

So no to Jaws and Star Wars? I don't really care about Star Wars but there are some massive movies that came out in the 70s that I think hold up. Sometimes I kind of prefer knowing I'm watching a movie vs being taken in by it

I would love to watch a room of SJW's watch blazing saddles. Heads might actually explode.
I know this is sacrilege and Mel Brooks is GOAT and Alex Karras and Gene Wilder and Iowa and all that, but here goes. It doesn't hold up that well and not because of the PC stuff. It's a slapstick dude musical. Comedy rarely holds up well other than nostalgically.

I don't think it would surprise SJWs to find a movie from the 70s with unwoke language. I think they're more likely to be bored than offended if they haven't seen it. Except the ones who will pretend to be offended for their blog and social media.

I know this is sacrilege and Mel Brooks is GOAT and Alex Karras and Gene Wilder and Iowa and all that, but here goes. It doesn't hold up that well and not because of the PC stuff. It's a slapstick dude musical. Comedy rarely holds up well other than nostalgically.

I don't think it would surprise SJWs to find a movie from the 70s with unwoke language. I think they're more likely to be bored than offended if they haven't seen it. Except the ones who will pretend to be offended for their blog and social media.

Robinhood Men in Tights aged like fine wine.

CSB/

A trigger warning! Why do they never have trigger warnings for trigger warnings. Nothing offends me more than a trigger warning.

Robinhood Men in Tights aged like fine wine.

A trigger warning! Why do they never have trigger warnings for trigger warnings. Nothing offends me more than a trigger warning.
My original claim was that heads would explode. You went down some.path of wanting it canceled, I then provided a link that should a warning had to be added to address peoples feelings. Again, I will say, if a group of SJW had to watch blazing saddles heads might actually explode. Not sure where you are going with your cancel stuff.

My original claim was that heads would explode. You went down some.path of wanting it canceled, I then provided a link that should a warning had to be added to address peoples feelings. Again, I will say, if a group of SJW had to watch blazing saddles heads might actually explode. Not sure where you are going with your cancel stuff.

I never said I wanted it cancelled.

Yeah. You provided a link that it is a fallacy anyone has wanted it canceled. You may not want it canceled but you are the first person to discuss canceling it. I said heads would explode.

If we're going to get super literal, I doubt any heads would explode. An effort to cancel it is more likely than heads actually exploding.

Is there another American Beauty or is OP referring to the Kevin Spacey film? I think most millennials who care to have prob seen that one but Gen Z maybe not so much yet. But any millennial who hasn't should.

Likely just another Boomer assuming “dumb young kids” = Millennials.

Millennials are in their late 30s, early 40s and I’ve seen a lot of the movies that have been mentioned.

Cool Hand Luke? Come on.

As a 34 year old millennial, I’ve seen quite a few of these.

Giant was a particular favorite of my grandparents. A good portion of it was filmed near where they lived in West Texas, so we had to watch it anytime I visited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT