ADVERTISEMENT

Great win for Wisconsin

Feb 5, 2015
Congrats to the Badgers. They survived perhaps the worst officiated game in Elite Eight history because they have an outstanding team, but even more so because they have the guts and the attitude and the energy you have to have when you end up in a street fight combined with horrendous officiating. Those refs should have been fired at halftime, but since they weren't, they should be fired now. They have no business anywhere near anybody with a basketball.

Now let's get Michigan State through and have the Big Ten add the national title in basketball to that national football championship. Yah, go Big -- Big Ten.
laugh.r191677.gif

Not sure if they "survived" the officials. Refs were terrible for both teams, but that's to be expected in college. Many phantom calls out there today.

Wisconsin is the only team I think that can come close to touching Kentucky.

They will still get dominated by them in the end tho, along with whoever Kentucky plays in the final.

At one point in the second half the Wildcats had 14 of their last 16 points from the foul line. And the end of the first half was worse.

I watched the game, the OP is correct, the officials were terrible.

Which of course I was having a good time because the Badgers deserve it.
furious.r191677.gif
Either one makes me just as happy.

Originally posted by DanL53:

At one point in the second half the Wildcats had 14 of their last 16 points from the foul line. And the end of the first half was worse.

I watched the game, the OP is correct, the officials were terrible.

Which of course I was having a good time because the Badgers deserve it.
furious.r191677.gif
Either one makes me just as happy.
Bingo. Refs scammed Whiskey bad last ten minutes.

This isn't about the refs. They're bad all the time, in every game.
Wisconsin deserves congratulations - Final Four - and they played an amazing game that was really fun to watch. Go Badgers! Go Sparty! Go BIG TEN.

Great game, but it would have been even better if the officials had let the teams play.

I owe Dekker an apology for saying he might be the weak link in their starting five. His performance was unbelievable. My mild criticism wasn't a huge slam, because I believe Wisky is very good at every position, and Dekker isn't always assertive. Gasser is one of the most underappreciated players in college BB. Dekker probably raised his draft stock by at least ten places with his performance in the past two games. Good news is that his performance also probably increased the likelihood that he will enter the NBA.

Piss on Wisconsin. I hope Kentucky lays wood on them and sends them back to bucky land. Not sure why any of you would want these guys to win. It does Iowa no good whatsoever. Honestly, if they weren't Iowa's number one arch nemesis, they would be the team to pull for in this final four. Really whats not to like about their team??? However, they are public enemy number one to Iowa. We used to be on level playing field with everything Wisconsin, now they are pulling way ahead of us. Hell no I am not pulling for them.

Rather than tearing down a great program like Wisconsin, how about Iowa trying to improve to somewhere at that level? Jealousy is never pretty.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
Rather than tearing down a great program like Wisconsin, how about Iowa trying to improve to somewhere at that level? Jealousy is never pretty.
not sure how i tore them down. simply said i want them to lose.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
I think Notre Dame could play Kentucky close.

Originally posted by markfromj:

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
I think Notre Dame could play Kentucky close.
That they did. How does Kaminsky do against the Kentucky trees?

Bo will have a good game plan for Kentucky, and Wiscy's bigs will draw Kentucky's bigs away from the hoop, opening driving lanes for Wiscy....and all Badgers can put it on the deck. Not saying Wiscy will win, but I think they have a good shot. If Kentucky gets past Wiscy, another challenge will await them. Should be fun to watch.

Originally posted by luvmyhawks:

.... I hope Kentucky lays wood on them and sends them back to bucky land. Not sure why any of you would want these guys to win. It does Iowa no good whatsoever.....
I disagree with you on this point. The perception of our Conference to recruits and their families is especially important in BB and FB. Getting attention to the B1G and, more importantly, to the schools in the cold, upper Midwest is important. To the extent (in BB this year, for instance) MSU and Wisconsin draw some attention this season, it helps most if not all the schools in the conference. Then competiton between the teams in the conference receives more regional and national coverage.
I say that from a perspective of a fan, when for many years my favorite teams were in the other (also ran) 7 or 8 teams in the conference.The better the competition within the conference, along with some post season success, the better it is for all of us.

Originally posted by Carlton:

.... I hope Kentucky lays wood on them and sends them back to bucky land. Not sure why any of you would want these guys to win. It does Iowa no good whatsoever.....
I disagree with you on this point. The perception of our Conference to recruits and their families is especially important in BB and FB. Getting attention to the B1G and, more importantly, to the schools in the cold, upper Midwest is important. To the extent (in BB this year, for instance) MSU and Wisconsin draw some attention this season, it helps most if not all the schools in the conference. Then competiton between the teams in the conference receives more regional and national coverage.
I say that from a perspective of a fan, when for many years my favorite teams were in the other (also ran) 7 or 8 teams in the conference.The better the competition within the conference, along with some post season success, the better it is for all of us.
So if Wisconsin wins it all, better recruits will want to come to Iowa? More like Wisc. and MSU will get better recruits.

Originally posted by FG86:

So if Wisconsin wins it all, better recruits will want to come to Iowa?
Yes. Last time I looked, BB teems can only have 16 on the roster. We want good student athletes to say," if I can't get a ride from MSU, I better check out the other teems in the B1G because that is the Conference where I want to play"

This is correct. The better the B1G does the better it is for every team. Plus, it's nice having someone to root for especially over the last 15 years with alford and loser as coaches.

Not sure how anyone, except those who are a relative of the UK team or from Kentucky, could root for Kentucky
dead.r191677.gif

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
being a Wisconsin douchebag on Iowa board is not pretty either. Wisconsin winning National Title does nothing for Iowa B-ball other than make Wisconsin a more preferred destination for Midwestern basketball players that can shoot 3pts really well. Seeing Bo Ryan and Gasser cry because they get a beat down from Kentucky, that is priceless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT