ADVERTISEMENT

Green energy for train, bus and station

190 people out of work as Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy reduces workforce by 32%​

In this file photo, blades fill the Siemens compound at the manufacturing facility in Fort Madison. Siemens-Gamesa officials announced on Wednesday that 121 employees would be laid off permanently.

FORT MADISON — Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy announced Wednesday that about 32% of its workforce will be laid off permanently, effectively putting 121 workers in Fort Madison and 69 in Hutchinson, Kansas, out of a job.
With the layoffs, 254 employees of the wind turbine manufacturer remain at the Fort Madison plant and 117 remain at the Hutchinson facility.
Phone calls made throughout the day Thursday to people at the Fort Madison plant authorized to speak on the matter were met with a busy signal, and a message left for a company representative on another line had not been returned as of Thursday afternoon.
A spokesperson for Siemens Gamesa told The Hawk Eye on Friday that employees will continue to be paid throughout the duration of the 60-day Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification that was issued Wednesday.

I used to watch turbines go by everyday during the last administration. Now we're dialing back?

190 people out of work as Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy reduces workforce by 32%​

In this file photo, blades fill the Siemens compound at the manufacturing facility in Fort Madison. Siemens-Gamesa officials announced on Wednesday that 121 employees would be laid off permanently.

FORT MADISON — Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy announced Wednesday that about 32% of its workforce will be laid off permanently, effectively putting 121 workers in Fort Madison and 69 in Hutchinson, Kansas, out of a job.
With the layoffs, 254 employees of the wind turbine manufacturer remain at the Fort Madison plant and 117 remain at the Hutchinson facility.
Phone calls made throughout the day Thursday to people at the Fort Madison plant authorized to speak on the matter were met with a busy signal, and a message left for a company representative on another line had not been returned as of Thursday afternoon.
A spokesperson for Siemens Gamesa told The Hawk Eye on Friday that employees will continue to be paid throughout the duration of the 60-day Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification that was issued Wednesday.

I used to watch turbines go by everyday during the last administration. Now we're dialing back?
Hey, @joe manchin

Can you respond to this HROT poster?

Website wanted to follow me. I declined, so didn't read. I'm going to assume a small, homogenous country, was able to implement a small, clean, choo choo in a country about the size of 60 Iowa counties. Good for them. I wish it could translate to a country the size of ours...

Hey, @joe manchin

Can you respond to this HROT poster?
Why do we need a politician?

Wasn't it posted on the board that wind and solar were more economical than alternatives?

Or is that only with subsidies?

I'd be surprised we're not continuing to grow power generation in all sectors. Do we know this company's layoffs reflect a broader trend, or are they just getting beat by the competition?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT