ADVERTISEMENT

Greenwald: The New Religion of the Left- Censorship

McConnell said on day one that his goal was to make sure Obama was a one-term president. That is trying to overcome by undermining. That is NOT what Trump attempted to do.

Again. I know that. You know that.
The Turtle wasn't suggesting breaking the law. And you know that.

If a person can take their content somewhere and broadcast/publish it is not censored. Its in the public domain, correct?

Back when Lucy was on you may have had a point when there were 3 broadcasting companies that depended upon the government for a license. Today that is not the case.. In modern times there are countless ways for stuff to get out into the public domain.
What are you talking about? You think Seinfeld could have aired something on some sort of black market format if NBC didn’t want to show them banging Newman?

If the guys at South Park decide they want to show Mohammed eating a ham sandwich, the Comedy Central censors can say, “Nope. Can’t air that.” That’s censorship. And if they own SP, it’s not getting aired anywhere. How is this difficult? The guy already conceded the point that he was wrong. You should do the same.

What are you talking about? You think Seinfeld could have aired something on some sort of black market format if NBC didn’t want to show them banging Newman?

If the guys at South Park decide they want to show Mohammed eating a ham sandwich, the Comedy Central censors can say, “Nope. Can’t air that.” That’s censorship. And if they own SP, it’s not getting aired anywhere. How is this difficult? The guy already conceded the point that he was wrong. You should do the same.
Ok. You win. I am obviously incapable of properly getting my point across to you.

Reactions: Rudolph
Ok. You win. I am obviously incapable of properly getting my point across to you.
Ok. The person I responded to said censorship can only be done by the government. I said he was wrong and you took issue with that. Then he said he was wrong. And you kept arguing that he was right. Not sure how else to take any of it.

If a person can take their content somewhere and broadcast/publish it is not censored. Its in the public domain, correct?
No, we went over this other thread.
The suppression doesn't need to be absolute to still be suppression.

From this and the other thread I gather two lines of thought.

1) it's not censorship unless the government does it (even this doesn't count in some circles if the government officials merely 'suggest' the censorship and don't codify it in law).

2) it's not censorship if it is not absolute (I don't see this argument pop up when a backwards TN school district removes a book - go figure...).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT