ADVERTISEMENT

Grocery food prices are expected to fall in 2024 and 2025

Every time I check out at the grocery store

I Think You Should Leave Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?
Actual responsibility with no government bailouts? The horror.

Last time gave bailouts to billionaires and tacked on trillions to the debt with nobody learning a damn thing except, “ dont worry, the government will bail you out”

Last edited:
Grocery stores took COVID and ran with it. Prices never came back down. They are making record profits. Time monopolies to be broken up.
They took the money the government printed in response to COVID.

You jack up the money supply to pay for things instead of tax it from the public and the consequence is the regressive tax of inflation.

Supply and demand cannot be conned.

I don’t think food consumption and production have changed much since January 2020. Put the money supply back at 2020 levels and you’ll see closer to 2020 prices.

September of 2019 Federal Reserve balance sheet was at 3.7 trillion. By June of 2020 it was over 7 trillion. Price increases inevitably followed. Balance sheet kept growing until it peaked at 8.9 trillion in May 2022. It’s down to 7.2 trillion now.

We’ll see when they stop and start printing money for bailouts again.

So why did other Western countries have higher inflation in response to Covid?

Because they played the same game, but without the globe using their currency for international trade to the degree of the USD.

Look at the ECB balance sheet:

FEY7RvSXMAAzS4L

Turkish Central Bank Balance Sheet:

turkey-central-bank-balance-sheet.png

and here is the balance sheet at the Fed, where Biden re-appointed Chairman Powell and has supported every bit and more of the federal spending that has occurred and been monetized by the Fed:

EuA7ce5XYAEgs8I.png

Look up the UK balance sheet, going from 719 billion in 2019 to over 1.3 trillion in 2022.

Without other nations clamoring for Turkish lire, British pounds, or even EU euros with the same level of demand as USD, those countries saw their money printing bring even worse inflation.

Make no mistake, the money printing caused the price increases. It does not do so instantaneously, but through progressive transactions over time.

Draining the monetary pool can have the opposite effect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT