ADVERTISEMENT

Grown ups having a blast while kids are pissed off.

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
I certainly don't remember giving two flying craps in HS or College about anything going on in the world. In HS we cared about who was getting our beer that weekend and where the party would be. In college/military dorm life it was about what girls we were going to pick up at the club.

(of course this guy is only half right because EVERYONE is always pissed off)

USC cancels graduation ceremony and dozens are arrested on other campuses as anti-war protests grow​

There were tons of college protests back in the 60s and 70s. Don't underestimate how much fun they might be having protesting or how much they get a feeling of doing something out of it.
The Vietnam War and Civil Rights protests were significantly more prolific than what we have today...makes you wonder if our Gen just decided to not give a crap. 80s and early 90s were just party and fun. Maybe we should blame Nirvana and grunge rock? It made everyone pissed off again. LOL

The Vietnam War and Civil Rights protests were significantly more prolific than what we have today...makes you wonder if our Gen just decided to not give a crap. 80s and early 90s were just party and fun. Maybe we should blame Nirvana and grunge rock? It made everyone pissed off again. LOL

Don't shit yourself,.. They might claim otherwise, but the vast majority of 60's protesters were simply there for the fun as well,.. Sex, drugs and partying in the streets is shit loads of fun, and can be done in support of almost any topic you don't fully understand at a young age...

I certainly don't remember giving two flying craps in HS or College about anything going on in the world. In HS we cared about who was getting our beer that weekend and where the party would be. In college/military dorm life it was about what girls we were going to pick up at the club.

(of course this guy is only half right because EVERYONE is always pissed off)

USC cancels graduation ceremony and dozens are arrested on other campuses as anti-war protests grow​

Meh, they’re still probably high on edibles.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Not the point of the thread I know but that comedian is hilarious. He's got a ton of great material.
Meh, there's no "real" point to the thread. Just saw the reel and then when I opened Yahoo, that was the top story. Thought it was ironically funny. ...or was it coincidentally funny?

Think Ten Hag GIF by Manchester United

Reactions: DooBi
The Vietnam War and Civil Rights protests were significantly more prolific than what we have today...makes you wonder if our Gen just decided to not give a crap. 80s and early 90s were just party and fun. Maybe we should blame Nirvana and grunge rock? It made everyone emotional.
Fify.

The problem with “youth” is they lack understanding and knowledge……just as we did 55 years ago…..but honestly, in many regards, the college aged kids of today have no phuquin’ clue! They are really ignorant as to the ways of the world. (Anyone who thinks “hamas” is the good guy, for example. Not that Israel is without sin…..)

I honest to god believe at any point about 80% of the protestors in a group on that particular day are just there because they didn't want to work or attend class that day. They figure they can yell out a couple chants and essentially take the day off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT