ADVERTISEMENT

Gun debate and solution

noleclone2

HR Legend
May 4, 2015
With the billionth 21st century US mass shooting happening so close to many on this board who will know friends or even have family impacted, I figured I would start this thread for everyone who wants to debate gun control and what to do so the Perry thread can remain news based.

Take the vitriol here. Also feel free to post the stupid rumors and conspiracy theory here too.

For me, it is obvious doing nothing is ridiculous and only making things worse. By far the biggest culprit is the guns. We need to get rid of weapons designed for mass killing and make it really hard to get firearms.

We also have a conjoined mental health funding crisis and a social media issue in the country that needs to be addressed.

We once poured a lot of money into mental institutions for the dangerous minds. I obviously don’t know the issue here, but would be willing to bet this person was already being treated for some issues that clearly were not being fixed nor was blocked from getting guns and slipped away.

We need to figure out how to, as a nation stop doom scrolling disinformation and engaging and road rage like online fights because we are safe behind a phone on social media platforms probably through some punitive law changes that make said platforms at risk for not moderating these people. And get back to more civilized debate with way less inflammatory content and dangerous conspiracy weak minds fall for.

My three cents. Prayers are with anyone on this board impacted today.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT