ADVERTISEMENT

Gun Owners Are On The Rise

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
A recent NBC News poll conducted in November 2023 revealed that 52 percent of Americans, the highest level ever recorded in their polls, reported owning a gun or having someone in their household who does.

This marks an increase from 46 percent in 2019 and 42 percent in 2013.

Notably, gun ownership among Democrats has also risen, with 41 percent in 2023 compared to 33 percent in 2004.

Independent voters also reported a rise in gun ownership, although it was not at large as the other groups.

Additionally, a Harvard/Harris Poll indicated that 6 in 10 voters view owning a gun as a means of self-defense against criminals.

F_mMvPnWcAAk0GP

Reactions: TonyTheTiger.1865
I've never considered gun ownership, but with our experience with our clearly unstable/abusive SIL, I'm considering it a long with safety/self defense training. When her story comes crashing down she will flip out/retaliate and we don't know what that might look like.

All signs point to Narcissistic Personality Disorder but she won't be seen by a professional (instead she says my BIL is the narcissist, as narcissists do) and we've thus far been unsuccessful in getting the courts or CPS to take action in compelling her to be evaluated while our nieces and nephews are emotionally abused daily (she has primary physical custody).

The books say narcissists will kill if they think they can get away with it, and the next court date will be open, where all will come out in front of her family and those she's convinced through lies so far.

They say "if you see mental illness speak up!" Well that's bullshit because we've tried, and all anyone says is "that's really hard to prove in court." They aren't wrong, it is very hard to prove, but it's also really obvious to those of us who knows the family.

To tie that up, I know COVID had a major impact on mental health, and so it isn't necessarily surprising that more people are aiming to protect themselves. The problem is this: the SIL I describe above can also purchase a gun.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT