ADVERTISEMENT

Gutsy

Lol. You’re right! They didn’t try at all the first 36 minutes..
Theyve played like shit the last 3 games and have come away with 2 wins against 500 teams. You cant play carelessly against a team like maryland

Not the end of the world... all is not lost .. but can you imagine how amazing it would be if mosses reshot went in

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Woulda been better if they just quit eh
GTFO... you cant call it Gutsy when they play horribly the first half... of the last 3 games. I will give them NW and a win on the road. But tonight they were lucky to not get blown out

Some of you are such babies. They are 20-6 in the toughest conference in the land. They are not a perfect team and they aren’t going to be. They are going to lose some games and often the teams they play are going to have as much talent or more then they have. This team has far surpassed most everyone’s expectation coming into the year and if they say they haven’t they are probably lying. You can go check the preseason predictions on this site and most people said 17-20 wins total and NIT or NCAA Bubble at best. They are likely going to be around 23-8 and a solid at-large team.

I personally think this has been a pretty fun year. Yes, they have had some bad games and they have some flaws and we all want them to be better and never lose but it’s pretty easy to tell who has played basketball before and who understands that not every game is going to perfect. In the 33 years I have followed this team closely, there was only one team that was realistically good enough to win it all and that was the first year I started following in 86-87. Let me tell you a secret ... this team isn’t going to do it either.

I don't think either team played well and Iowa deserved to lose.

I don't believe in moral victories but they simply could have folded when down 12. Instead they battled back to get the lead and lose on a tip in. You won't win them all and the poor play caught up with the Hawks. Maybe this was a good thing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT