ADVERTISEMENT

Haha...Adam Schiff. What a loser.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
From his website...
The systemic bias and racism that infects our criminal justice system has caused disproportionate harm to communities of color – and has diminished our overall public safety. As a former federal prosecutor, Rep. Adam Schiff has been a champion for progressive and practical criminal justice reform that will root out discriminatory practices and make our streets safe for everyone – no matter where they live or what they look like.

California Senate candidate Rep. Adam Schiff was given a rude welcome to San Francisco on Thursday as he was reportedly a victim of a carjacking just hours before a ritzy campaign dinner.

According to The San Francisco Chronicle, thieves broke into his car that was parked in a downtown parking garage and stole his bags. Without business clothes to wear, Schiff still proceeded to the event in shirt sleeves and a hiking vest, according to the Chronicle, with others dressed in suits.

At the dinner, Schiff thanked attorney Joe Cotchett for supporting Schiff’s bid to replace the late Dianne Feinstein and represent California in the U.S. Senate.

"I guess it’s ‘Welcome to San Francisco,’" joked Cotchett’s press agent Lee Houskeeper, who was at the dinner at Ristorante Rocca, located in Burlingame.

During his own remarks, Schiff was reportedly unperturbed by the theft.

"Yes, they took my bags," the California representative said, per the Chronicle. "But I’m here to thank Joe."

Schiff’s resilient demeanor prompted a compliment from Cotchett.

"Adam really showed himself tonight," Cotchett said. "He’ll be a great senator — he’s going to change the Senate tremendously."

The apparent theft came just days after the San Jose Mayor Matt Mahan's security guard was assaulted in downtown San Jose Tuesday, according to KRON4, a local Bay Area news outlet.

"While interviewing Mayor Matt Mahan in downtown San Jose, a man was shouting at us and fought Mayor Mahan's security guard,"KRON4 reporter Jack Molmud wrote in a post along with a video of the incident. "The fight lasted a couple minutes and the man was arrested by SJPD. Police said they were compiling evidence and sending it to the DA's office."

The San Jose Police Department "said the motive and circumstances surrounding the altercation are under investigation."

San Francisco Mayor London Breed is proposing various efforts to combat a part of the city that is notorious for high crime, homelessness and public drug use.

Last edited:
California Senate candidate Rep. Adam Schiff was given a rude welcome to San Francisco on Thursday as he was reportedly a victim of a carjacking just hours before a ritzy campaign dinner.

According to The San Francisco Chronicle, thieves broke into his car that was parked in a downtown parking garage and stole his bags. Without business clothes to wear, Schiff still proceeded to the event in shirt sleeves and a hiking vest, according to the Chronicle, with others dressed in suits.

At the dinner, Schiff thanked attorney Joe Cotchett for supporting Schiff’s bid to replace the late Dianne Feinstein and represent California in the U.S. Senate.

"I guess it’s ‘Welcome to San Francisco,’" joked Cotchett’s press agent Lee Houskeeper, who was at the dinner at Ristorante Rocca, located in Burlingame.

"Yes, they took my bags," the California representative said, per the Chronicle. "But I’m here to thank Joe."

"Adam really showed himself tonight," Cotchett said. "He’ll be a great senator — he’s going to change the Senate tremendously."

The apparent theft came just days after the San Jose Mayor Matt Mahan's security guard was assaulted in downtown San Jose Tuesday, according to KRON4, a local Bay Area news outlet.

"While interviewing Mayor Matt Mahan in downtown San Jose, a man was shouting at us and fought Mayor Mahan's security guard,"KRON4 reporter Jack Molmud wrote in a post along with a video of the incident. "The fight lasted a couple minutes and the man was arrested by SJPD. Police said they were compiling evidence and sending it to the DA's office."

The San Jose Police Department "said the motive and circumstances surrounding the altercation are under investigation."

San Francisco Mayor London Breed is proposing various efforts to combat a part of the city that is notorious for high crime, homelessness and public drug use.
I guess your definition of car jacking is different than mine but still, this kind of stuff needs to be addressed…

The article uses both the terms robbery and carjacking to describe what happened, when in fact it was burglary.

Robbery is the act of stealing from another person by force or show of force.

Carjacking is when OP's mom gives you a handy on the way to pick up her social security check.

Thread title is good though OP...

Happy I Like It GIF

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Dude still showed for work? Nice. I've worked with some folks that would be out of work for weeks to process the emotional trauma.

So....Schiff's stuff got stolen and he carried on with his obligations without any crying or whining? I guess you'd prefer him to go to social media and cry for a week and then talk about how unfair everything is and how mean the world is being to him?

So....Schiff's stuff got stolen and he carried on with his obligations without any crying or whining? I guess you'd prefer him to go to social media and cry for a week and then talk about how unfair everything is and how mean the world is being to him?
No. I just think it's funny. Happy Friday.

Reactions: goldmom
Orrrr....

He can’t really do that since he and his fellow Democrat friends in office allowed these types of acts to be normalized in everyday life. It’s pretty sad how brazen criminals have become knowing there are minimal consequences for their actions.

Lol, ok bud. Sorry to rain on your parade but the Senate simply cannot be any shittier than it already is. Schiff isn’t going to change a thing.

Lol, ok bud. Sorry to rain on your parade but the Senate simply cannot be any shittier than it already is. Schiff isn’t going to change a thing.
One more giant turd in the punchbowl .

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
From his website...
The systemic bias and racism that infects our criminal justice system has caused disproportionate harm to communities of color – and has diminished our overall public safety. As a former federal prosecutor, Rep. Adam Schiff has been a champion for progressive and practical criminal justice reform that will root out discriminatory practices and make our streets safe for everyone – no matter where they live or what they look like.

Yes, I think we all need education on the proper terms. Let's see if I got it right:

Carjack: You are in the car as it is stolen by carjackers
Stolen car: Car is stolen without owner being present
Burglary: Items stolen while owner not present
Robbery: Items stolen from your person

He can’t really do that since he and his fellow Democrat friends in office allowed these types of acts to be normalized in everyday life. It’s pretty sad how brazen criminals have become knowing there are minimal consequences for their actions.
WTF are you talking about?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Soooo….his car got broken into. Wouldn’t happen in any large American city? Ummm…okay? 🤷‍♂️

From his website...

What idiotic point are you trying to make here? Assuming things again?

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT