ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Says He Was Still VP During COVID and Obama Sent Him to ‘Fix It’

Lots of Ebola in Detroit?
According to a 2015 World Health Organization report, the first Ebola cases of the current outbreak in West Africa were discovered in Detroit in March 2014. The CDC and its health care partners have developed guidelines and checklists for health care workers and hospitals to prepare and care for patients. Edit: The WHO report was confirmed as incorrect but I assume this is what Biden was talking to. Still stupid and his speech was terrible but I would think he was trying to allude to this.

Last edited:
You trying to own yourself? Detroit was clearly preparing for ebola.

And no confirmed cases. At all.

So it’s your Stance that Biden went to Detroit where there was NO cases of Ebola to help with what exactly?

And no confirmed cases. At all.

So it’s your Stance that Biden went to Detroit where there was NO cases of Ebola to help with what exactly?
Here Biden is talking about it in 2014.

“Take Ebola,” he said. “A horrific disease that is now a genuine global health emergency. Our Centers for Disease Control, USAID and our military have taken charge of that world epidemic. We are organizing the international response to this largest epidemic in history.”

Two people died of Ebola in the United States. Neither caught it in the US. Two people total in the US contracted it in the US. Neither died.

Is Ebola a threat to the United States?​

Currently Ebola is not considered a threat outside of certain countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Very few people with Ebola have been outside of that area. During the 2014-2016 outbreak, 11 people with Ebola were treated in the United States, nine of whom had contracted it in western Africa, most as health care workers. Two died – a Liberian visiting the United States and a doctor who had treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone. Two American nurses contracted the disease while treating the Liberian patient, but both recovered. In other words, only two people have ever been infected with Ebola while on American soil and neither died. By comparison, CDC estimated 52,000 Americans died from influenza during the 2017-2018 flu season.
Apparently Biden saved the US from a major ebola outbreak during his visit to Detroit. That's freaking amazing. Too bad it was a one time super power. Uncle Bosie would have been proud.

So you admit that Biden was talking about ebola of 2014 and not COVID of 2020 then?

Sure, I’ll let you have that.

Do I believe that during the Ebola outbreak of 2014 where there was no cases anywhere near Detroit, Obama sent Biden to Detroit to help “fix it” with the Mayor?

No.

Make sure you check the year this was published.

Pubbed in 2014. A story about Liberians living in Detroit whose family members in AFRICA (not the USA) are affected by the Ebola outbreak there.

But you want to go down the pike that Uncle Sleepy Joe saved Detroit from the Ebola outbreak in Detroit.

You're pathetic. You'd have been off admitting Ol' Joe was the Ebola Czar. For all 11 cases in the USA.

CSB- After the 2014 Ebola outbreak in Africa, Obama made funds available for tertiary hospitals (like UIHC) to become "Ebola outbreak centers". UIHC spent $7MM converting a unit which was 2 rooms into that "outbreak center". Do you know Ebola can't survive in our temp zone, it only exists in Africa? Guess how many Ebola patients UIHC has had since that outbreak? The only Ebola patient ended up in Omaha.

But Joe saved Detroit!

CSB- After the 2014 Ebola outbreak in Africa, Obama made funds available for tertiary hospitals (like UIHC) to become "Ebola outbreak centers". UIHC spent $7MM converting a unit which was 2 rooms into that "outbreak center". Do you know Ebola can't survive in our temp zone, it only exists in Africa? Guess how many Ebola patients UIHC has had since that outbreak? The only Ebola patient ended up in Omaha.

But Joe saved Detroit!
When did Omaha move to an African temperature zone?

You trying to own yourself? Detroit was clearly preparing for ebola.

You are such a goddamn liar, Huey.

You know good and well Biden mixed this up.

And when I was vice president, things were kind of bad during the pandemic,” Biden said. “And what happened was, Barack said to me, ‘Go to Detroit, and help fix it.’ Well the poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he thought he was ever going to have to. God love you.”
What things were bad during what pandemic when he was vice president?

What was Biden going to Detroit to help fix? The Pistons? The Lions? There sure as hell wasn’t a pandemic there then.

Just stop. 🛑

According to a 2015 World Health Organization report, the first Ebola cases of the current outbreak in West Africa were discovered in Detroit in March 2014. The CDC and its health care partners have developed guidelines and checklists for health care workers and hospitals to prepare and care for patients. Edit: The WHO report was confirmed as incorrect but I assume this is what Biden was talking to. Still stupid and his speech was terrible but I would think he was trying to allude to this.
I disagree.

I think he confused the Ebola outbreak in West Africa with the COVID pandemic.

It happens a lot with seniors, especially when cognitive impairment is increasing rapidly.

It’s only going to get worse.

But Joe saved Detroit!
Well it IS still standing. Just sayin'

You are such a goddamn liar, Huey.

You know good and well Biden mixed this up.

What things were bad during what pandemic when he was vice president?

What was Biden going to Detroit to help fix? The Pistons? The Lions? There sure as hell wasn’t a pandemic there then.

Just stop. 🛑
I think he was visiting the imaginary pharmaceutical industry located there.

We elected a vegetable
And yet, somehow, he was still better than the alternative.

Sad Donald Trump GIF

Reactions: Flie
So to sum up this thread. It was intended to make Biden look so senile that he thought he was Vice President in 2020. And now it's been reduced to bitching that Biden may or may not have been in Detroit in 2014. Anybody complaining about this is lame.

lol.
From what we can tell he lied about it, it’s ok for you to call him out on a lie.

You have been owned multiple times in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
At best he stretched the truth on being in Detroit. He still took ebola ultra seriously and gave speeches alerting the public to take ebola seriously. Get over yourself with your fake outrage.

lol. Such a sad man you are.

Can’t even call him out on a lie.

lol. Such a sad man you are.

Can’t even call him out on a lie.
I'm not the one blowing a gasket over this. Your sole complaint is that although Biden was talking about ebola and not COVID, although he gave dire warnings over the seriousness of ebola, we should all throw a fit because he may or may not have been physically in Detroit?

So to sum up this thread. It was intended to make Biden look so senile that he thought he was Vice President in 2020. And now it's been reduced to bitching that Biden may or may not have been in Detroit in 2014. Anybody complaining about this is lame.
I wouldn’t go that far Huey. Still seems senile to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT