ADVERTISEMENT

Haley just torpedoed her own campaign.

I took a part time job after I was retired for a year because I was bored to tears. In three years I was absent out sick one time.
My co worker who was my age missed a lot more days because she was a cruise nut but her health was fine too.
Thanks for the story.

Reactions: littlez
Then they can work. But why force people who have put in 45+ years into more?
I don’t support “forcing” anyone to work but neither do I support the notion that bored retirees who want a 15 hour a week part time job shouldn’t be able to work, either.
Shouldn’t it be their choice?

I don’t support “forcing” anyone to work but neither do I support the notion that bored retirees who want a 15 hour a week part time job shouldn’t be able to work, either.
Shouldn’t it be their choice?
How is it not their choice? There is no ban on old people working.

Reactions: RileyHawk
One of his shticks is to post the national debt. Another is to say the laws of supply and demand are not mutable (which is true when you're looking at a static point-in-time graph but ignores the more realistic framing of debates about Keynesian vs supply side policies which are all about mutabling demand curves)

One of his shticks is to post the national debt. Another is to say the laws of supply and demand are not mutable (which is true when you're looking at a static point-in-time graph but ignores the more realistic framing of debates about Keynesian vs supply side policies which are all about mutabling demand curves)
Or that price gouging is impossible.

I was (and still am) hoping he'll come in and defend what he thinks is the ultimate show stopper comment

Reactions: Huey Grey
Do you have a link for that?
https://www.cbo.gov/budget-options/58630#:~:text=The Congressional Budget Office projects,be subject to payroll taxes

e21_social_security_ratio_2-9-20_schrager.png

Eliminate the cap it is then 😊
It's the crazy simple answer

But republicans can't do it because it goes against trickle down and both parties can piss off big money donors. Same though it's a simple fair answer that solves it for a lot of years.

It's the crazy simple answer

But republicans can't do it because it goes against trickle down and both parties can piss off big money donors. Same though it's a simple fair answer that solves it for a lot of years.
Well it’s not really “fair”….but I don’t really give a F at this point.

Fair in that it goes with current progressive tax method instead of the regressive method that ss is
Well they don’t get as much of a return on their contributions than an average HORT member will….😊. They’d basically be financing most people’s SS

Not that I give a F….just sayin

I post that whenever someone posts something that means “spend more money we have to borrow”?

A lot of people here seem unaware that we are $31 Trillion in debt (I started this 15 years ago at $9 Trillion…ah, the good old days).

I post that whenever someone posts something that means “spend more money we have to borrow”?

A lot of people here seem unaware that we are $31 Trillion in debt (I started this 15 years ago at $9 Trillion…ah, the good old days).
I'm confused. What did I suggest to increase debt beyond current trajectory?

Turning 60 this year. Had a partner who worked until he was 72 and we were fortunate that Covid for our business was the best thing that ever happened to us and we could pay him off. Otherwise we would have been paying until he was 80. I plan to go to 65-66 and get out. I’m already feeling like it’s the young guys time. I feel like if we just push this down the hill it’s the young people who will get screwed again. And how productive are you at 70? I’m maybe smarter than when I was younger but don’t have the same energy or drive I did 10-15 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT