ADVERTISEMENT

Haley playing some chess. (and not dropping out)

I think it's better than 5%. I think it's at least even money Trump has to drop out.

I don't think his ego would let him. He would run from prison.

Best chance is he goes to prison, looks at the polls realizes she has a much better chance of winning than he does, drops out and endorses her so that she can immediately drop him a pardon the minute she's sworn in.

But that plan is going to rely upon prison causing Trump to put aside his ego.

Donald Trump GIF

Yeah, this sounds more like a calculated hail mary than deeply held conviction. It wasn't that long ago that she said she would pardon Trump if elected.

It's the only play she has. There's no way she can win the nomination in the future so it's now or never. She's hoping trump goes to prison. She has the non-trump republican vote. For the trump vote, as someone else said, she'll pardon trump to make them happy.

She might have had a better chance if she would have come out of her coma several months earlier. When she first came out, she must have been a little fuzzy still because she was running against Joe Biden instead of trump.

Where was this courage 6 months ago?

Easy to say now that you have nothing to lose really.
I’ll never understand the approach by the non-Trump candidates. They basically repeated the 2016 game plan and campaigned against each other, expecting Trump to collapse or something.
It's too late for us, but not for non-logical Republican voters.

Do you mean for the few remaining rational republicans?

Last edited:
I still think she's hanging in there hoping that he goes to prison or something and the bottom falls out.

I think it's a really outside shot like maybe 5% at best, but it's the best chance of anyone other than Trump being the Republican Nominee.

Really smart move on her part. Trump may very well be convicted by April . If she maintains her campaign and funds, it would be hard for anyone else to catch up to her if he is no longer viable.
With it still very much a possibility that Trump will be ineligible to president by the time we reach November… I was actually pretty surprised more people didn’t stick around.

I think it’s a good move to continue to stay in the race.
I not huge into politics like everyone on here. With that said I don’t know a single person that caucuses yet I know lots of people that vote. Meaning I don’t know the extreme nut jobs on either side
I believe she could get a lot of votes from the people that can’t stand trump but never caucus for anyone.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
With it still very much a possibility that Trump will be ineligible to president by the time we reach November… I was actually pretty surprised more people didn’t stick around.
I'm guessing money was the issue. But you're right, someone like Chris Christie should have kept his name in there just as an option down the road. I'm thinking in a general election Christie might do pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT