ADVERTISEMENT

Halo collar vs invisible fence

funksouljon

HR Heisman
Jan 26, 2004
STL area
Anyone have experience with Halo collars vs an invisible fence? Couple property options are too big for a physical fence and few properties have physical in general so considered invisible fence which my buddy loves for his dogs. But stumbled onto Halo collars. Has anyone tried one? On your dog?

Not familiar with the halo brand but we use 2 of the 3/4 acre petsafe brand collars together to give the dogs about an acre of grass/timber to run outside in addition to the overlap inaide the house. I put one in a bathroom on the far north side and one on the Southside in the garage. An electric fence wasn't an option for us and we live on rural blacktop so people haul ass. I needed that thing to be able to stop my lab in his tracks if he saw something. I put his on 5/6 and the boxers on 2/6. I also appreciated the mapping system you get with petsafe. I had the 1/2 acre ones, they were OK, I returned them not because of the additional space but because thr 3/4 acre option is a rechargeable collar whereas the .5 was a battery.

Amazon product ASIN B0055L8RRC

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Anyone have experience with Halo collars vs an invisible fence? Couple property options are too big for a physical fence and few properties have physical in general so considered invisible fence which my buddy loves for his dogs. But stumbled onto Halo collars. Has anyone tried one? On your dog?
When I was in college the Provost had the house behind us and had an invisible fence. His dog always left the yard anyways but wouldn't return because of the "fence". Long story short, the dog basically lived at a college party house. We did love him though.

Reactions: funksouljon
My uncle had a huge chocolate lab who knew that the invisible fence was there and that it would shock him if he went over the boundary but he loved people so much he couldn’t help himself but to run past it to meet anyone coming near the property or up the driveway. He was such a sweet gentle giant. The yellow lab he had knew better and would never approach the boundary. It will work for some dogs but not others.

My uncle had a huge chocolate lab who knew that the invisible fence was there and that it would shock him if he went over the boundary but he loved people so much he couldn’t help himself but to run past it to meet anyone coming near the property or up the driveway. He was such a sweet gentle giant. The yellow lab he had knew better and would never approach the boundary. It will work for some dogs but not others.
Similar to my above story. There were 14 of us that lived in the house. People constantly coming in and out. That dog loved people. There was no containing him at some point.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
We have an invisible fence. Dogs are to the point where they no longer need to even wear their collar; they get near the line they won't go any further.

We have the Halo II. We ended up getting rid of the dog for other reasons but it was a good option. My grandparents use it at their place and loved it for a collie.

For some reason, our dog would get zapped inside the house when the border was more than 20 feet from any one side.

Reactions: funksouljon
When I was in college the Provost had the house behind us and had an invisible fence. His dog always left the yard anyways but wouldn't return because of the "fence". Long story short, the dog basically lived at a college party house. We did love him though.
“Coming to theaters everywhere this Fall… Party Animal”

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT