ADVERTISEMENT

Hamburger Mary’s drag show restaurant files federal lawsuit against Florida and Gov. Ron DeSantis

CSB time

Years ago when I was 22-22, I was working part time at Outback Steakhouse in Cedar Rapids. Across the street from Outback is Club Basix. We had a couple gay co workers that were servers, they invited us (guys and girls at Outback) over to Club Basix on Tuesday nights. It was drag night, with like a $3.00 admission and .10 draws all night. I like cheap beer, so we would go over there.

I thought the shows were hilarious, way over the top performances, a good time. The only weird thing was when a male co worker of mine went to use the bathroom, and was taking a leak at a urinal, a 6-4ish guy in drag walked into the bathroom, hiked up his skirt and started using a urinal next to him. My co worker said the guy in drag leans over and looks in my co workers urinal and says, “We’re just going to call you Pop Can for now on.”

Minstrel shows were an art form for a long time until society decided they were offensive and that was the end of that.
Did you get all outraged over Tootsie or Mrs. Doubtfire, or did you have a laugh and enjoy the movie?

Bob Sagat anyone??
Well I'm trying to go with someone still alive and on the air. Even though Drew does the Price Is Right. He still does stand up. Assume it still has plenty of dirty jokes. Drew clearly labels them as adult stand up shows. Similar to how the Drag Queens at Hamburger Mary's label the ones not appropriate for children.
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be enough for Tipper Whiskey Gore.

And others have pointed out they do a family friendly version. U didn't realize do realize some stand up comedians have multiple sets of material. Depending on the audience.
You're basically saying Drew Caret should never been allowed on Prime Time network TV. Due to all of his big dick joke material.
I completely set that up for him to set the parameters. If you would like to provide photos from that specific show feel free.

Did you get all outraged over Tootsie or Mrs. Doubtfire, or did you have a laugh and enjoy the movie?
Mrs. Doubtfire... the movie where the lead actor, playing a transvestite, makes several quips about the absurdity of transitioning to being a female..... might want to rewarch that one.

I completely set that up for him to set the parameters. If you would like to provide photos from that specific show feel free.
Why it's based on your values. Some dude wearing a padded nude suit with a swim suit outline might be offensive too u for children. When to others the character is so far over the top it's silly. Several passages from the Bible are highly offensive for children as well. The story of the torture of Job for instance :).

when you don't know how to stop....
UWZCRZGGREI6TCHRIBWI6S7HAY.jpg

Location-Drag.jpg

photo0jpg.jpg

Here are the first three images when googling hamburger mary's kid drag show".
* that contain drag queens there was a statue or icon in one and a dude serving bar in another.

Feel free to let me know which one of those is outside anything I've discussed. Hell, if anything those prove my point more than the original three.

You are not selling "be proud of the person inside of you" your selling "females have these features". It's a ****ing Trojan horse.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
It’s so disgusting no kid should be going to see those sick weirdos. I’m really surprised those gals aren’t routinely found beaten to a pulp.
So you have a problem with the people. How old are you? I am serious. I would like to know your age. You seem to have a lack of tolerance for others that are different from your beliefs. Do you also find it okay to routinely beat up gay people because they are different from your norm?

UWZCRZGGREI6TCHRIBWI6S7HAY.jpg

Location-Drag.jpg

photo0jpg.jpg

Here are the first three images when googling hamburger mary's kid drag show".
* that contain drag queens there was a statue or icon in one and a dude serving bar in another.

Feel free to let me know which one of those is outside anything I've discussed. Hell, if anything those prove my point more than the original three.

You are not selling "be proud of the person inside of you" your selling "females have these features". It's a ****ing Trojan horse.

Them are some ugly drag queens.... woof.

It's offensive to play dumb and not acknowledge what it is. If adults want to go watch that shit, let them get whatever kind of boners they want.

*murder boners excluded.

Maybe they think its offensive you dress up and make your kids wear Iowa Hawkeye gear, a group that has gotten publicity for racist incidents and numerous criminal arrests.

• Haha
Reactions: DolphLundgren
Should we allow parents to bring children to symbolic cabalistic rituals? :).
People take their kids to all kind of things, pagan rituals, rainbow gatherings, Paralounge, etc. The vast majority of drag shows occur in the late evening and they are a lot more tame than Rainbow gatherings.

Check out campgrounds with groups of people and kids. You might be surprised that what you see there is far worse than a drag show.

But burlesque shows are okay, unh?

• Haha
Reactions: DolphLundgren
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT