ADVERTISEMENT

Hannah Stuelke

Roncuba55

HR All-State
Oct 6, 2023
Noticed watching highlights of the Iowa vs Wisconsin game that she was out again... is she that injury prone? She is a big part of this team going deep in March without Czinano. I know she had missed a few games earlier this season, so I feel it's a valid question.

[QUOTE="Roncuba55, post: 11818331,

...She is a big part of this team going deep in March without Czinano. I know she had missed a few games earlier this season, so I feel it's a valid question.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed; 'a big part of this team'. I also noticed her absence vs Wisconsin. Stuelke is extremely important to the continuing success of this team. She has matured physically and her game has progressed to a point of dominant presence inside. Great athleticism, fun to watch. Hope she returns vs the Ohio State Buckeyes.

Reactions: Torg and VodkaSam
She didn't do much in the Indiana game over the weekend. Never drove, just stood with the ball at the elbow looking for someone to pass to. Didn't play her normal minutes. Figured something wasn't quite right

I know the Big 10 games are important, but the post season success ( NCAA tourney ) is more important, imo. I hope they rest her long enough long enough to help insure she's available for the NCAA tourney run. This would also help the development of some of the backup players that seem to be less confident in playing extended minutes.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Lisa said she could have played if they really would've needed her but more of a let's get Hannah some more time to fully heal to be ready for Ohio St.
I kind of figured it was a gametime decision. She was dressed in full uniform, shorts and all. Normally, if they aren't going to play they just wear sweats or street cloths.

Load Management ...

Load-Tolerance-Graph.png

I don't think she participated in the extensive pre-game warm-ups. She was in uniform and on the court but not a participant.

After the Ohio State game they could actually rest her until 2/3 if needed as I do not think Iowa will have any problems with Nebraska and Northwestern before then.
Nebraska is almost always a close game, they almost beat us in CHA last year. They wanna beat us so bad bc it’s been such a long time since they have.

Don’t underestimate them, they beat Maryland in College Park and also just demolished Michigan. Volatile team but they’re full of shooters that can get hot in a hurry. Jaz Shelley is the 2nd best player on the court and it’s not close.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
After the Ohio State game they could actually rest her until 2/3 if needed as I do not think Iowa will have any problems with Nebraska and Northwestern before then.
Ehhhhhhhhhh, those aren't teams to sleep on, not that I don't agree with you about resting Stuelke.

Everyone besides Clark and Davis is charmin soft when adversity hits.
Agree.

I’d add Martin with Clark & Davis as the only mentally tough girls on the team.

Stuelke’s been disappointing to me all season.

She disappears in crunch time of tight games.

Obviously this team is really missing Czinano but I think people underestimate how valuable, mentally tough, & good of an all around player Warnock was for this team last year.

needs to work on free-throw shooting
She has been. She at least made some of her free throws today. She couldn't hit a hula hoop sized basket in November. But yeah, she still has a long way to go.

Could be some interesting conversations this week behind the scenes with Stuelke dad absolutely calling out the coaches throughout the game yesterday on twitter. some really stupid sh*t. PUT DOWN THE PHONE.

Reactions: shikreto
The two woman game Clark and czinano had going the last few years opened up so much both ways. The bigs this year have consistently missed easy feeds from Clark. Think it was Goodman who was figuring it out yesterday but there’s so much inconsistency inside.

Ohio State shot lights out from 3 which is why Iowa lost the game.

Hannah Stuelke was being absolutely mugged yesterday.

You people bitching are probably the same ones who complain each and every game during football season in addition to giving ZERO to SWARM.

Could be some interesting conversations this week behind the scenes with Stuelke dad absolutely calling out the coaches throughout the game yesterday on twitter. some really stupid sh*t. PUT DOWN THE PHONE.

Yeah, I don't understand how he can possibly think he is helping his daughter or the team with the nonsense he posts.

If my kid were a D1 athlete, I'd ignore all social media; nothing good to come from it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT