ADVERTISEMENT

Harris the likely nominee, who should be the VP choice?

Who should Harris peg as her running mate?

• Whitmer

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Newsome

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Mark Kelly

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Josh Shapiro

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Someone else I posted in comments

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
I'd be very surprised if it's Shapiro.
Bottom line: as Pennsylvania goes so goes this election.
I would expect it's Shapiro to secure Pennsylvania.
I do not believe progressives will pass on a historic chance to elect a progressive female bi-racial Democrat...do you?

I don’t really think you can go wrong with any of them. They all provide something different and they’ll all have some sh!t thrown their way. It’s already started with Shapiro which makes me think the R’s are digging up the dirt expecting it’ll be him. That sexual abuse “coverup” is a big nothing burger - the guy was fired. The “women’s group” that is raising hell is a conservative group with like 200 members.

Shapiro has been my bet all along and I still think he’s the pick. Having said that, I’m digging Walz’ rub-their-noses-in-their-own-sh!t attitude.

Have you ever heard Newsome speak? He’s horrible, he gets super frustrated by slow pitch softball question by liberal CA local news media. Dude got elected in CA because dumb white liberal women think he’s handsome. Mayor Pete struggled to explain (again on a liberal news network) how he’s only gotten a handful of electric vehicle charging stations built with billions of tax payer funds. And how the demand for electric vehicles has only risen by 2% in his 3 and a half years as Secretary of Transportation. But him and Kamala certainly check multiple DEI boxes. So there’s that.
This might be the dumbest post in board history, and that’s saying something. Congratulations!

Kelly just won in '20 for his full term, so Hobbs would get to appoint someone for the next 4, right?
Hmm yeah I suppose that’s true. I thought he was ‘18 but you’re right. I still think getting one of the young governors is the way to go but Kelly would be a good choice as well.
I do not think so. I think they would hold an election in 2026. Most states allow the governor to fill a seat until the next election. Many states moved away from having the governor fill the seat for the remainder of the term in order to get the selection back to the people as soon as logistically possible without a special election.
Sorry if this was cleared up in this thread already, but Kelly was first elected to office via special election in '20, then re-elected to a full term in '22. Should he be elected VP in '24, then the Dem AZ Gov would appoint a Dem replacement, but there would be a special election for the final 2 years of that term in '26, in which case it could be a vulnerable Dem Senate seat.

I'm still hoping for Kelly as her VP pick. His biggest drawback is that he's not as talented an orator as Shapiro or Walz, but would still wipe the floor with Vance in a debate.

He is inferior in every respect to me.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network
Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV
The Greatest Showman Lol GIF by Sky
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
Vince Vaughn Lol GIF by filmeditor
Cracking Up Lol GIF
Canadian Lol GIF
Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

I’m actually kinda hoping for Walz at this point. PA hasn’t gone red in any election since 2016 so I’m not sure she actually needs Shapiro for that. Having said that, Harris has known Shapiro a really long time and at the end of the day, I think inherent trust in the running mate carries the day.

I’m actually kinda hoping for Walz at this point. PA hasn’t gone red in any election since 2016 so I’m not sure she actually needs Shapiro for that. Having said that, Harris has known Shapiro a really long time and at the end of the day, I think inherent trust in the running mate carries the day.
She'll win PA as long as she has Shapiro's full support and he campaigns for her aggressively. He doesn't need to be her running mate for that. I'm sure there's a lot of negotiating going on between those two in this regard (e.g. "What will you do for PA as President if I'm NOT your running mate?". The problem is that she can't win the election without PA, and if Shapiro gives her the 'ole "you want my support, then you make me your running mate," she may have no choice.

Although I like Walz, I think that having a running mate that might be more progressive than her could cause some issues within the base. I think Kelly and Beshear would bring the most additional votes to the ticket nationwide, but Kelly would likely bring her a swing state, while Kentucky is a lost cause. That's why I'm hoping for Kelly.

Beshear can't deliver KY but he could turn heads in the battleground states. He'd be popular in NC...certainly more so than Shapiro. I like him
Unless you think Beshear could put red states in play, idk that there’s much benefit to picking him.

I’m honestly far more interested to see if he’s willing to run for the senate seat when Mitch steps down.

Reactions: gohawks50
Unless you think Beshear could put red states in play, idk that there’s much benefit to picking him.

I’m honestly far more interested to see if he’s willing to run for the senate seat when Mitch steps down.
They don't need red states in play...there's no pick that will put red states in play. They need to win purple states. Beshear would play very, very well in NC and GA. Then you have very popular Dems stumping in PA, MI, AZ...

Reactions: MitchLL
They don't need red states in play...there's no pick that will put red states in play. They need to win purple states. Beshear would play very, very well in NC and GA. Then you have very popular Dems stumping in PA, MI, AZ...
Already have Cooper to try and deliver North Carolina.

He may not be able to deliver any red states, but every state that you can put into play and make republicans spend where they don’t want to, that’s a good thing. Put them on defense as much as possible, especially given the challenging senate map.

Already have Cooper to try and deliver North Carolina.

He may not be able to deliver any red states, but every state that you can put into play and make republicans spend where they don’t want to, that’s a good thing. Put them on defense as much as possible, especially given the challenging senate map.
NC should be in play solely due to the fact that the R candidate for governor is even more of a whack job than Trump.

Reactions: HawkNester
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT