ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone considered

Hawqize

Rookie
Jun 13, 2020
that Stevens may have not just developed a case of the yips today? I ask this because I was at the infamous ‘86 Rose Bowl game where Ronnie Harmon got a sudden case of the fumbles, and the questions it raised. I don’t have any reason to believe Stevens missed any of those on purpose, but given the gambling issues in society and the Iowa athletic program specifically, I think it’s a fair question. I played football but never kicked, but I appreciate how difficult it can be and how much pressure is on an offensively challenged Iowa kicker. Perhaps someone who has kicked can educate me on how this could happen. I’ll gladly accept if someone with experience says this isn’t suspicious.

that Stevens may have not just developed a case of the yips today? I ask this because I was at the infamous ‘86 Rose Bowl game where Ronnie Harmon got a sudden case of the fumbles, and the questions it raised. I don’t have any reason to believe Stevens missed any of those on purpose, but given the gambling issues in society and the Iowa athletic program specifically, I think it’s a fair question. I played football but never kicked, but I appreciate how difficult it can be and how much pressure is on an offensively challenged Iowa kicker. Perhaps someone who has kicked can educate me on how this could happen. I’ll gladly accept if someone with experience says this isn’t suspicious.

Occam's razor: The simplest explanation is usually the best one. Either he got in his own head, or he was hurt.

You would have to be one stupid son-of-a-bitch to do any gambling after the last offseason. I don't think Stevens is that.

I think its maybe yips or an injury. Its a tough position to play when a lot of games come down to your foot. With that said the way Kirk likes to play a performance like that from a kicker is nothing short of unacceptable.

Reactions: bIhawk
Occam's razor: The simplest explanation is usually the best one. Either he got in his own head, or he was hurt.

You would have to be one stupid son-of-a-bitch to do any gambling after the last offseason. I don't think Stevens is that.
This. How quickly people seem to forget that this hasn't been his only game with rough misses since the bye week.

Did he get hurt on that second blocked FG? When he got the ball and was tackled.

I just saw in another thread he might be hurt. I’m really glad if that’s the explanation. The worst thing that’s happened to me re: Iowa football is when they started having most of their games televised 8-9 years ago. Now I live and die during their game each week—not sure my old heart can take many more years of this.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT