ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone watched Trump’s “senior moment” from yesterday?

joelbc1

HB King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Speaking to some economic group of New Yorkers yesterday, the OT was directly asked about his specific plans to assist American’s with @chuld care costs” if elected President.
The answer was spectacular! He mention Rubio, his daughter, tariffs and how his tariffs would pay for it….I think. A good minute or so of “word salad” that made absolutely no sense and answered nothing! If Joe Biden would have given the same answer, it would have been the head story in ever news station in the nation! The OT gets by with absolutely everything!
Someone will “link” this I’m sure… It’s absolutely classic and demonstrates that Trump is simply not physically up to the stress of the job he seeks. Enjoy!

“Well, I would do that, and we’re sitting down — you know, I was, somebody, we had Sen. Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, that — because, look, child care is child care. It’s, couldn’t, you know, there’s something, you have to have it — in this country, you have to have it.

But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to — but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not gonna stop them from doing business with us. But they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country.

Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care, that it’s going to take care. We’re gonna have — I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care.

I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about. We’re gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we’ll worry about the rest of the world.

Let’s help other people, but we’re going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we’re a failing nation, so we’ll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question. Thank you."

“Well, I would do that, and we’re sitting down — you know, I was, somebody, we had Sen. Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, that — because, look, child care is child care. It’s, couldn’t, you know, there’s something, you have to have it — in this country, you have to have it.

But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to — but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not gonna stop them from doing business with us. But they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country.

Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care, that it’s going to take care. We’re gonna have — I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care.

I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about. We’re gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we’ll worry about the rest of the world.

Let’s help other people, but we’re going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we’re a failing nation, so we’ll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question. Thank you."
Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Speaking to some economic group of New Yorkers yesterday, the OT was directly asked about his specific plans to assist American’s with @chuld care costs” if elected President.
The answer was spectacular! He mention Rubio, his daughter, tariffs and how his tariffs would pay for it….I think. A good minute or so of “word salad” that made absolutely no sense and answered nothing! If Joe Biden would have given the same answer, it would have been the head story in ever news station in the nation! The OT gets by with absolutely everything!
Someone will “link” this I’m sure… It’s absolutely classic and demonstrates that Trump is simply not physically up to the stress of the job he seeks. Enjoy!
he had no good answer

Is Trump a Georgia Tech alum? Because he's a ramblin' wreck.

It was something else and he has moments like this every outing now. And it is deteriorating. Remember the shark battery moment? Seems tame now.

Related to how the press refuses to cover these type things but would have eviscerated Biden or Harris for such a moment, not sure if I can find a better example than tgis:

About a month ago, people figured out that Trump ****ing bought the notorious Lolita Express years ago and is using it on the campaign trail for small airports. I mean, that should have been all everyone one on news and social media talked about when it came out, yet barely a blip. So now consider the coverage if it was Biden or Harris who it came out personally bought Epstein’s plane and was using it on the campaign….

How did he screw this question up so badly? If you don't have a good answer for stuff like this simply say, "I will be assembling a panel of experts to find solutions." Instead we got this soup.

A glimpse at the inner workings of every reporter's mind after 10 words, likely less, into that long essay of rambling word salad for an answer ...

is-it-just-me-or-have-we-gotten-way-off-track-here.gif

Reactions: Funky Bunch

2be08b06ed99d36348ee0c21074579dccff4f77e6d300a76c9c79643298475a4_1.jpg

What's more pathetic? The fact that Trump still doesn't understand how tariffs work or that a room full of economics nerds would break into applause after listening to that nonsensical rambling knowing full well that he's full of shit and has no idea what he's talking about?

FFS.

But he was caught off guard by this question

SORKIN: Wasn’t anybody pushing him on that?

QUICK: We’re not allowed to. He comes and he speaks. There were four questions that were asked that were set up in advance by other people who were allowed to ask those questions, they couldn’t ask a follow-up. So, it’s a controlled format.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT