ADVERTISEMENT

Hat tip to the beat up Offensive Line. 402 yds of offense today. Iowa reached 400 yds for 1st time in their last 32 games

They did the damn thing today! Can't complain about them today. They did very well against a respectable opponent.

Also, a shout out to Brown, Ostrenga, Hill, and Patterson for some good (and at times, awkward) football today!

Richman, DeJong, Jones, Colby, and Dunker started the game.

Jones originally was listed as questionable.

Iowa rushed 46 times for 179 yds.

They gave Deacon time to pass. He was 20-31 for 223 yds.

That's 402 yds of offense today
Didn’t realize that was the starting five. By the time the game came on after the Indiana -Illinois overtime game, Elsbury was already in at center and Feth at LG, and it was those 5 the rest of the game. Elsbury had his best game of the year; hopefully Jones gets healthy but nice seeing the improvement. Glad Feth has been able to play through his injury the past 2 games.

Didn’t realize that was the starting five. By the time the game came on after the Indiana -Illinois overtime game, Elsbury was already in at center and Feth at LG, and it was those 5 the rest of the game. Elsbury had his best game of the year; hopefully Jones gets healthy but nice seeing the improvement. Glad Feth has been able to play through his injury the past 2 games.

Logan Jones tried to go but Tyler Elsbury soon replaced him at center.

Best they’ve played this year. I think they deserve all the credit for offense. Hill had plenty of time to throw and there were some great running lanes. Was the difference Elsbury?

They did the damn thing today! Can't complain about them today. They did very well against a respectable opponent.

Also, a shout out to Brown, Ostrenga, Hill, and Patterson for some good (and at times, awkward) football today!

now lets see how they progress vs Illinois, Little Debbie and Michigan or Ohio State

Reactions: TampaHawkfan
Richman, DeJong, Jones, Colby, and Dunker started the game.

Jones originally was listed as questionable.

Iowa rushed 46 times for 179 yds.

They gave Deacon time to pass. He was 20-31 for 223 yds.

That's 402 yds of offense today
TOP was pretty outstanding....38 minutes! 20 in the second half. When our defense has to be on the field for only 22 minutes in a game you will see some shut outs.

Clean up the missed opportunities especially in the first half and we are over 30 points in this game.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
The offense definitely looked improved Saturday. It was nice to see them at least look half way competent for a change, and take some pressure off the defense. I hope they can build on that and carry it through the rest of the season.

Really hope they can build on this performance. Had concerns with Rutgers very solid defense and they took care of business.

No do it again against the cryin illnoy.

Ice Hockey GIF

Reactions: Franisdaman
TOP was pretty outstanding....38 minutes! 20 in the second half. When our defense has to be on the field for only 22 minutes in a game you will see some shut outs.

Clean up the missed opportunities especially in the first half and we are over 30 points in this game.

great point on time of possession

and it would have been nice to hit the over on the 27.5 and change the narrative

The offense definitely looked improved Saturday. It was nice to see them at least look half way competent for a change, and take some pressure off the defense. I hope they can build on that and carry it through the rest of the season.

The offense didn't have much to shw for it until the 4th qtr. Just 3 points at halftime and 6 points after 3 quarters. I remember quite vividly people wanting a QB change to start the 2nd half, too.

The offense didn't have much to shw for it until the 4th qtr. Just 3 points at halftime and 6 points after 3 quarters. I remember quite vividly people wanting a QB change to start the 2nd half, too.
While Deacon had a solid 1st half we only had 3 pts and that INT right before half gave me the same feeling I had against Minny. Thank goodness he upped his game and made a few plays and Rutgers had to play from behind.

Reactions: Franisdaman

Logan Jones update:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT