ADVERTISEMENT

Hate crime in St. Louis - man beaten for being white

Arbitr8

HR Legend
May 13, 2009
Lewis Township
Police are searching for three young men after a light rail passenger in St. Louis was attacked after being asked what he thought about the "Mike Brown situation."

Officers released details Friday after a passenger who wasn't involved posted video of the attack on social media.

The 43-year-old victim told authorities that one of the men asked to use his cellphone. When he refused, the man asked what he thought about the Brown "situation," then punched and kicked him. The two other men struck the victim. All three young men got off the MetroLink train Monday.The victim declined medical treatment.

Brown, an unarmed, black 18-year-old, was allegedly fatally shot by a white Ferguson police officer in August after attempting to kill the officer.

The victim in the train incident is white.

His attackers are black.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-on-st-louis-train-asked-about-michael-brown-attacked/ar-AAa6RBx

Won't see this on msnbc, not hear about bergdahl much there. Truly a network worse than anything people can say about fox
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by ClarindaA's:
Originally posted by gusto79:
Why does it say he was "allegedly" fatally shot?

that's what you comment on?
Thats the part of the story that Arbitr8 edited to draw attention to and represent his personal thoughts, so yep, thats the part that deserves the most comment.

"Brown, an unarmed, black 18-year-old, was fatally shot by a white Ferguson police officer in August."

was changed to:

"Brown, an unarmed, black 18-year-old, was allegedly fatally shot by a white Ferguson police officer in August after attempting to kill the officer."

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

Thats the part of the story that Arbitr8 edited to draw attention to and represent his personal thoughts, so yep, thats the part that deserves the most comment.

"Brown, an unarmed, black 18-year-old, was fatally shot by a white Ferguson police officer in August."

was changed to:

"Brown, an unarmed, black 18-year-old, was allegedly fatally shot by a white Ferguson police officer in August after attempting to kill the officer."
he's a dipshit, but the rest of the story is true, didn't realize he did that.

was changed to:

I know its true, I saw the video. But other than saying its bad I'm not sure I have anything interesting to say on the topic. Which is why Arbitr8's edit becomes the most interesting part of this thread. I guess one can't trust those copy and paste jobs anymore.

Oh I thought of something that might spark discussion. The train looked full but no one stepped forward to help this guy. Which is the bigger disappointment, the thugs or the witnesses?

was changed to:

I know its true, I saw the video. But other than saying its bad I'm not sure I have anything interesting to say on the topic. Which is why Arbitr8's edit becomes the most interesting part of this thread. I guess one can't trust those copy and paste jobs anymore.

Oh I thought of something that might spark discussion. The train looked full but no one stepped forward to help this guy. Which is the bigger disappointment, the thugs or the witnesses?
young black teens who act like that, evoke fear from people. Who knows what happened if someone steps up. If it's me and a couple buddies, we step up with minimal consequence. One person though?

young black teens who act like that, evoke fear from people. Who knows what happened if someone steps up. If it's me and a couple buddies, we step up with minimal consequence. One person though?

We don't disagree on that either. Thats the problem with a topic like this, it doesn't lend itself to much discussion. Thats why political topics are more fun. Maybe that also why Arbitr8 decided to spice it up a bit?
confused0024.r191677.gif

Won't see this on msnbc, not hear about bergdahl much there. Truly a network worse than anything people can say about fox
I take it you don't watch MSNBC much? Did they skewer Obama for the trade? Not so much. Did they cover the charges against Bergdahl? Yes. At length.
As to the kids in the attack, hunt them down and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Originally posted by lucas80:

I take it you don't watch MSNBC much? Did they skewer Obama for the trade? Not so much. Did they cover the charges against Bergdahl? Yes. At length.

As to the kids in the attack, hunt them down and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
almost daily

St Louis is a craphole. Our car got broken into after being in a city ramp for 7 hours. What was in it? Nothing of value so they took my daughter's school backpack, 2 old fleece jackets, and our beach bag with towels and sunscreen as we were headed to Florida for spring break. (Poors- didnt fly)

Originally posted by lucas80:

almost daily
MSNBC is where I saw the video for this, it was on that blond lady's show, Alex Witt I think. There's only like one blond lady on MSNBC so you should be able to figure it out. Additionally, aren't MSNBC and MSN part of the same corporate structure? MSN is where Arbitr8 got his story.

What's the point of posting stuff like this story? Yes, there are A-holes out there that do this kind of stuff every single day. Are we going to start a tally sheet and keep track of the number of times a black fights a white and then vice versa? What really is the point we're trying to make by posting this story about ignorant a-holes beating someone up in the subway? Does this help Arbitr8 prove that all black people are thugs or something? I'm confused.

To me, anytime someone posts something like this the only thing it does is scream that the poster is a racist, fear mongering tool.

Originally posted by nowalkin:

To me, anytime someone posts something like this the only thing it does is scream that the poster is a racist, fear mongering tool.
To me, anytime someone posts something like this the only thing it does is scream that the poster wants censure and try to control topics that are uncomfortable with name calling and emotional flare-ups.

What's the point of posting stuff like this story? Yes, there are A-holes out there that do this kind of stuff every single day. Are we going to start a tally sheet and keep track of the number of times a black fights a white and then vice versa? What really is the point we're trying to make by posting this story about ignorant a-holes beating someone up in the subway? Does this help Arbitr8 prove that all black people are thugs or something? I'm confused.

He doesn't need to prove that they are doing that for us.

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

Police are searching for three young men after a light rail passenger in St. Louis was attacked after being asked what he thought about the "Mike Brown situation."

Officers released details Friday after a passenger who wasn't involved posted video of the attack on social media.

The 43-year-old victim told authorities that one of the men asked to use his cellphone. When he refused, the man asked what he thought about the Brown "situation," then punched and kicked him. The two other men struck the victim. All three young men got off the MetroLink train Monday.The victim declined medical treatment.

Brown, an unarmed, black 18-year-old, was allegedly fatally shot by a white Ferguson police officer in August after attempting to kill the officer.

His attackers are black.
Wow. You just lost all credibility. I used to think you were one of the OK cons here but this is completely unacceptable.

All the above is a quote from the MSN article EXCEPT the parts I highlighted.

was changed to:

Sorry, I checked the article and posted before I noticed that you had also called him out for this.

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:

was changed to:

Sorry, I checked the article and posted before I noticed that you had also called him out for this.
Hands up don't shoot was a proven lie. Didn't Mikey Brown attack the officer and during that assault try to take the officers weapon? Knowing he had just committed a robbery and was in all likelihood going to prison he made a conscious decision to attack the officer take the weapon and most likely kill the officer.

I was spot on!

His attackers are black.
Obama's losing sleep and Holder is on the next plane! Wait, what was the skin color again?

Originally posted by hawkbleeder:

His attackers are black.
Obama's losing sleep and Holder is on the next plane! Wait, what was the skin color again?
R's could kick Holder out tomorrow if they wanted. I think Rs are keeping him around just to get folks like you riled up.

His attackers are black.
R's could kick Holder out tomorrow if they wanted. I think Rs are keeping him around just to get folks like you riled up.
Could it be that they're racists all by themselves? Not everything is the R's fault, the narrative is getting tiresome.

Could it be that they're racists all by themselves? Not everything is the R's fault, the narrative is getting tiresome.
Rs control the Senate so yes it's entirely their fault.

St. Louis police just arrested three suspects. Two minors and a 21 year old. I wonder if one of the arrested was the person filming the attack? Seems petty convenient that he just happened to be filming at the time. Throw the book at them; glad the victim is not seriously hurt.

Originally posted by HallofFame:

He doesn't need to prove that they are doing that for us.
Welcome back, Mr. Racist HOF.

Missed you and your racist comments.

It's to push the narrative that black youth are out of control, racist against white people, and willing and eager to beat white people at the drop of a hat.

Now, there are cases just like that. And they're sick. And a lot of them get posted to a website and a lot of really messed up people take joy in seeing that.

But, that's not the narrative here. The narrative isn't anti-violence, pro-race relation improvement agenda. It's purely "we have a lot to fear" from a bunch of white dudes in midwestern towns. If they used this to talk about real issues or say "the world is a messed up place, how can we improve it?" then they would have my attention. But they don't, and they just come across as these crazy ass lunatics, attempting to push the narrative that fits with their views.

I think this is what natural was referring to when he said he doesn't have anything interesting to say about this. It's pretty clear that 99.9% of the people in this country hate seeing this and want the kids punished. But, the only thing a segment of the population wants to talk about is black on white crime and the media's portrayal of it, as that scores them more points than actually talking about it rationally.

Originally posted by slieb85:

It's purely "we have a lot to fear" from a bunch of white dudes in midwestern towns. If they used this to talk about real issues or say "the world is a messed up place, how can we improve it?" then they would have my attention.
Whites are 3x more likely to be charged with a hate crime than blacks.

FBI - Uniform Crime Reports (Hate Crime Statistics)

I would have linked their most recent statistics(2013), but it isn't as accessible(not on their site) as the 2012 data.

Originally posted by slieb85:

It's to push the narrative that black youth are out of control, racist against white people, and willing and eager to beat white people at the drop of a hat.

Now, there are cases just like that. And they're sick. And a lot of them get posted to a website and a lot of really messed up people take joy in seeing that.

But, that's not the narrative here. The narrative isn't anti-violence, pro-race relation improvement agenda. It's purely "we have a lot to fear" from a bunch of white dudes in midwestern towns. If they used this to talk about real issues or say "the world is a messed up place, how can we improve it?" then they would have my attention. But they don't, and they just come across as these crazy ass lunatics, attempting to push the narrative that fits with their views.

I think this is what natural was referring to when he said he doesn't have anything interesting to say about this. It's pretty clear that 99.9% of the people in this country hate seeing this and want the kids punished. But, the only thing a segment of the population wants to talk about is black on white crime and the media's portrayal of it, as that scores them more points than actually talking about it rationally.
because people get the other side shoved down our throats. Stereotypes exist for a reason. I see a will dressed black man, wearing carharts, were cool. I see a group of black teens trying act tough, I roll my eyes and think, what would wahawks say

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT