ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk Central Podcast with Tom Brands

just_somebody

HR All-American
Mar 1, 2006
https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...e-iowa-wrestling-coach-tom-brands/4471916002/

Chad Leistikow does a great job (imo) with everything Hawkeyes. He did a 30 minute podcast with Tom yesterday, and its good stuff. Some hints at stuff there (curious where he was going with the 'anonymous source' stuff), and talks about how the change is recruiting is no coincidence.

Also shoutouts to a few of the generous large donors that i know are in here some- thanks to you guys from us more casual observers as well!

DMR and ICP-C took some (all?) of their Hawk Central stuff subscriber only- I tried this in an incognito window and it looked like it should work for everyone, but in either case I fully endorse subscribing for the Hawkeye content between Leistikow and Cody Goodwin.

Last edited:
Tidbit from Cody's article:

"Chances Eierman wrestles this year?"

None. I asked him. He said next year. He is not currently in the Iowa student directory, though the spring semester doesn’t start until next week.

To be quite honest, I’m not sure that he could even wrestle for Iowa this year. I’m not too privy on how the rules work with Olympic redshirts and transferring and what’s an option and what’s not. That’s a question I should probably ask.

If this changes, I’ll let you guys know. But that’s what I’m rolling with.

Last edited:
Best quote from this interview, possibly best Brands quote ever, in response to the question about what is the most exciting thing in Toms life right now outside of wrestling, "I haven't run a chainsaw in a while" as he references looking forward to spring.

Great interview. Some real Tom Brands gems. Also wanted to remind people that Cody Goodwin has a good Iowa wrestling podcast called "In the Room" that covers the Iowa, ISU and UNI and some Iowa high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT