ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes are 3 point favorites over undefeated Minnesota

Wouldn’t touch it.

I could see it being tight or a blowout either direction.

Well, they are the fake ID of college football
Eventually they will get exposed.

like what happened to Iowa a few years ago.

lets remember, Michigan St beat Iowa in Big Ten championship game and then got humiliated in playoff.

Iowa got humiliated in the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: cigaretteman
They're Minnesota. What's to expose? They're playing way above their Prestige level and just beat the #4 team in the country. I think they are the ones doing the exposing.
Oh, I am pulling for them. I find it funny Iowa fans are waiting for them to collapse so they can say “I told you they stink”.

Nobody from the Big Ten West has ever broken through. No team has yet to win Big Ten title game and no team from West has ever been in playoff.

Reactions: SB_SB

lets remember, Michigan St beat Iowa in Big Ten championship game and then got humiliated in playoff.

TBF we barely lost to MSU. And I still contend Connor Cook was short of a first down on that 4th down conversion during the winning drive.

Reactions: Rudolph and torbee
Minnesota has an agile and mobile QB who can pass
and run. The Hawkeye defense will need to focus on
him because he is a difference maker. Iowa needs to
get a early touchdown and set the tone for the game.

They're Minnesota. What's to expose? They're playing way above their Prestige level and just beat the #4 team in the country. I think they are the ones doing the exposing.
Exactly. Iowa fans need to get over the fact that this isn't the mediocre Minnesota, that collapses as soon as they get national attention, that we're used to. This is more like 1960 Minnesota, and we aren't 1960 Iowa. Their loss to Penn State shouldn't have even been as close as it was since PSU was gifted a phantom TD late, as you may recall.
Oh, I am pulling for them. I find it funny Iowa fans are waiting for them to collapse so they can say “I told you they stink”.

Nobody from the Big Ten West has ever broken through. No team has yet to win Big Ten title game and no team from West has ever been in playoff.

It's not been that long. There were Big Ten West teams that won it not long ago when it was "Leaders" and "Legends" divisions.

FWIW since 2000 Iowa is 21 - 7 at home after a road loss.

True, but we haven't seen an Iowa team this offensively inept (at least in the red zone) since the year we got waxed by the Gators in the Outback Bowl.

I could definitely see the team closing strong. In 21 years, there have been a couple of major collapses set into motion in October than then buried them in November, but not many. More often, we seem to save the best performances for when we're out of contention, and there may be an element of looseness out there that hasn't really been present much this year. Further, our players were in diapers the last time we lost to Minnesota at home, I do think they'll show some pride against their last quality ranked team. One team coming off of a big emotional win, and one team being angry after a tight loss so often is reflected the next week. It's very, very possible Iowa jumps on them early, and Vegas certainly sees all these things coming together.

Minnesota has changed its mascot to the Dangerfields.
Kakert says the "sharps" are on Iowa.

I am betting on Iowa.

I am not sharp, but somehow, I am 10-7 so far in my first season of legalized gambling, thanks in part to DePaul scoring a bazillion points and helping me hit my OVER with ease last night. Hell, they hit the Over with 5:50 left in the game! Praise Fran McCaffery's hatred of defense! :)

Kakert says the "sharps" are on Iowa.

I am betting on Iowa.

I am not sharp, but somehow, I am 10-7 so far in my first season of legalized gambling, thanks in part to DePaul scoring a bazillion points and helping me hit my OVER with ease last night. Hell, they hit the Over with 5:50 left in the game! Praise Fran McCaffery's hatred of defense! :)

Don't get me wrong...if anyone knows, it's definitely Vegas.

Wisconsin won the first two Big 10 Championship games.

I agree if it weren't Minnesota. I'd be on board if it were Illinois or (our most hated rival) Purdue.

I think the Goofs shot their wad against Penn State. Everyone told them they were a fraud. Everyone said they would be exposed. They played that game at home in freezing Minneapolis. That is a long road trip for PSU and the Gopher crowd was louder than I've heard since back in the old Dome days.

I think Iowa smacks them in the face and makes them play an "Iowa-special" type low-scoring ugly ass game and this time Iowa makes the ONE PLAY they need to win.

Iowa has three losses to Top 15 type teams and every single one was a 1 possession game in the 4th quarter. One of those stupid games HAS to go in the Hawks direction eventually - and I think it is this Saturday. BeepBeep is right - Iowa plays much better when they don't have their sphincters puckered worrying about screwing up their shot at a Big 10 championship. Now that they are in their accustomed position of being a "good-not-great", mid-level bowl team, the dipshits will finally get their act together. I've seen this show before! :)

Minnesota had been so mediocre for so long that it’s gonna take some time to get used to the idea of them being a legitimately competitive team. Kind of like when Northwestern came out of nowhere to run the table on the Big Ten in 1995.

^ His sports takes are as "good" as his pizza ones.

my results so far beg to differ, please show me where you are better that 54.4%

Updated Standings
tdstick 53-37
Qued18 53-37
stangs_sb 53-37
hknation 52-38
HawkAlum2002 52-38
LincolnHawkeye 52-38
myteamcanbeatupyourteam 51-39
Sofa_King12 50-40
Obviously Oblivious 50-40
IAFootball#1 50-40
mstp1992 49-31
MeetTheFerentz 49-41
QChawks 49-41
d_i 49-41
TooTall25 48-42
ZJSARENOTFREE 48-42
TWReX 48-42
Allsports2 47-43
Machawk2489 47-43
ottumwan in tx 47-43
HawkAssassin 47-43
KuwaitHawk 46-44
StormHawk42 46-44

I would also say I know my hawkeyes pretty well judging by the YES/NO questions

Hardcore* Leaderboard
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
jdv77 . . . . . 60-30
HawkPT . . . . . 58-32
Hawktruck . . . . . 57-33
QChawks . . . . . 56-34
Ralphio . . . . . . 54-36
jimney1974 . . . . . 52-38
BIG BOY HAWK . . . . . 50-40
MeetTheFerentz . . . . . 51-39
NevadaHawk . . . . . 53-37
hwk23 . . . . . 53-37
rfgiowa . . . . . 52-38
KuwaitHawk . . . . . 49-41
LAhawkeye . . . . . 48-42
qrtr . . . . . 45-45
EvilMonkeyInTheCloset . . . . 43-47

Last edited:
If betting has taught me one thing, when you see a "wtf?" line, always take the side that doesn't make sense!

Actually, I think this Minnesota team feels a lot like Kirk's 2002 team. I think they're legitimately talented and they're absolutely rolling. Fleck is being gifted bulletin board material week after week as well (#17 in CFP rankings behind 6 2-loss teams last week, now the underdog against 3-loss Iowa).

Iowa could win this game if Kinnick works its magic and the defense really gets after it, but I don't think this is a team that is just squeaking through a week schedule. They were early, but the last month or so, they've been hammering bad teams and the win over PSU was no fluke. They went right at PSU and outplayed them.

Actually, I think this Minnesota team feels a lot like Kirk's 2002 team. I think they're legitimately talented and they're absolutely rolling. Fleck is being gifted bulletin board material week after week as well (#17 in CFP rankings behind 6 2-loss teams last week, now the underdog against 3-loss Iowa).

Iowa could win this game if Kinnick works its magic and the defense really gets after it, but I don't think this is a team that is just squeaking through a week schedule. They were early, but the last month or so, they've been hammering bad teams and the win over PSU was no fluke. They went right at PSU and outplayed them.
They have very large WRs. That create w big matchup problem.

Reactions: hawkifann
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT