Hawks Hit 11 out of 22 From 3 Point Land Today

LuteHawk

HB Legend
Nov 30, 2011
The Hawkeyes won the game with their 3 pointers
against Cincinnati. When you make 50% of your
shots from downtown, then you probably win the game

Wieskamp led the parade with 4, Baer and Garza
each had 2, and 1 each for Bohannon, Moss, McCaff.

In contrast Cincy made only 6 out of 27 from 3 point land..

Last edited:
The Hawkeyes won the game with their 3 pointers
against Cincinnati. When you make 50% of your
shots from downtown, then you probably win the game

Wieskamp led the parade with 4, Baer and Garza
each had 2, and 1 each for Bohannon, Moss, McCaff.

In contrast Cincy made only 6 out of 27 from 3 point land..
That was a nice way to start my Friday, waking up to realize I've slept through most of the game, only to turn it on and see Iowa tied at 56-56 hearing that they've rallied from 13 down at one point.

And then Joe hits that 3. :D

It seemed like they were looking to be aggressive shooting the ball without hesitation. I liked it very much. They are good shooters, so shoot when you're open. Or not. Joe smooth just shot over people a couple of times. He knew it was needed.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
wow, it should have been easier with that type of 3pt shooting. Cook really laid an egg and that was a factor.

Meanwhile Colgate giving UT fits with 3pt shooting and scrappy small ball play.

I have always supported Cook and so very glad he chose Iowa...

But every time he got called for a foul in the 2nd half I said, “ Thank God! Get him out of the game!”

Still, he had some monster rebounds late in the game.

Go Hawks!!!
Go Colgate!

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
Kreiner did a great job and gave the Hawkeyes a big lift. Cook, FINALLY, got off the damn floor and skied for some big rebounds late. No excuse for all the times he's just stood there and done nothing, never getting an inch off the floor--not just this game but all season. Maybe that late effort will carry over for the rest of the tourney, and that effort may lead to actually making those bunnies he has consistently missed all year. How he's missed so many, I have no idea.

Reactions: litegreene
To all the hawks from here that were able to make it to Columbus, thank you! And to all the hawk fans who didn’t doubt us, thank you. Great day to be a Hawk! Garza and Jbo carried us.
Cook's best play might have been the quick pass out the pressure to Baer for the flush. I thought Cook was being set up for the charge as he released the ball but he held up or sidestepped it and hit " the Grizz ".

Joe Wieskamp playing in his first NCAA tournament
game goes 4 for 6 from 3 point land. Congrats to
the Freshman from Muscatine,Iowa

He’s going to a thorn in the side of the B1G a lot in the next few years ! Great play for a Frosh...

The Hawkeyes seem to live or die with the 3 Pointers.
Against Michigan we had 1 and today we had 11.
Our last two games are difficult to understand how you
can be so cold or so hot.

Reactions: 24 so far
The Hawkeyes seem to live or die with the 3 Pointers.
Against Michigan we had 1 and today we had 11.
Our last two games are difficult to understand how you
can be so cold or so hot.

the scary part is they shot lights out vs Illini and then couldn't buy a 3pt shot vs Michigan. Iowa had a very good shooting game vs Cincinnati---would love to see a repeat vs UT. Colgate was pretty competitive with UT by making UT take 3p shots and UT looked so-so shooting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT