ADVERTISEMENT

HAWKS should be Top 10

The coaches see the backs all season.

I've seen this excuse for why the Iowa coaches play inferior players to better players often. It was used to support Jake Rudock and this excuse was clearly, unarguably, 100% wrong in Jake's case.

The fact that they can't figure out that Wadley is a better running back than Canzeri with the benefit of "watching them all season in practice" makes it WORSE that they can't figure out their best players with all that one on one time and film to watch.

A fan shouldn't be able to figure out in 10 minutes of playing time what the coaches should be able to see day in day out.

Canzeri doesn't make those plays that Wadley did on Saturday.

It makes zero sense that Canzeri was playing ahead of Wadley, other that typical Ferentz senior love fest.

It also makes zero sense that an injured LeShun Daniels gets 9 carries for 17 yards against Pittsburgh while we have a healthy Wadley on the bench.

These kinds of coaching decisions affect the outcome of games.

Can someone post the week by week poll history for the 2002 team? What week were they finally ranked that year? What week did they crack the top 10? I think they finally reached #4 for the Orange Bowl if I remember correctly. My guess is that this Iowa team is on the same pace as long as they keep winning.

Why does KF never mention Canzeri's fumbles?

ISU game, Wisconsin game.

He also did not lose any playing time over his documented critical fumbles.

Weird how that works, isn't it?

No it's not weird how that works. Yes Canzeri (you know, the guy that ran for 250+ last week) has had a few fumbles, but Wadley was fumbling more frequently with far fewer carries. It's pretty clear you're either trolling or just want to bitch about KF regardless of whether it's a valid issue.

No it's not weird how that works. Yes Canzeri (you know, the guy that ran for 250+ last week) has had a few fumbles, but Wadley was fumbling more frequently with far fewer carries. It's pretty clear you're either trolling or just want to bitch about KF regardless of whether it's a valid issue.

yes, Canzeri ran for 250 yards on a school record 43 carries. 6.0 YPC

Wadley ran for 204 yards on 26 carries. 7.8 YPC

Look, Canzeri is a nice running back, but Wadley is special.

yes, Canzeri ran for 250 yards on a school record 43 carries. 6.0 YPC

Wadley ran for 204 yards on 26 carries. 7.8 YPC

Look, Canzeri is a nice running back, but Wadley is special.

I like Wadley a lot, but to ignore that he has had a LOT of issues with ball security in the limited carries he's had prior to Saturday and blame Kirk for not starting him to begin with is simply crazy. I'd bet Wadley himself would tell you he knew he had to improve that aspect to consistently see playing time.

I like Wadley a lot, but to ignore that he has had a LOT of issues with ball security in the limited carries he's had prior to Saturday and blame Kirk for not starting him to begin with is simply crazy. I'd bet Wadley himself would tell you he knew he had to improve that aspect to consistently see playing time.

Did Canzeri really need to carry the ball 43 times against Illinois?

Did Daniels really need the 25-30 carries he got while he has been injured?

Wadley averaged over 7.0 yard per carry against Northwestern last year, yet he cannot get playing time over a tired back and a back with a bum wheel? what the hell?

All runningbacks fumble the football, you still play Adrian Peterson if he fumbles the ball. Heck, maybe Old Kirk would have benched Adrian, I don't know. I'm sure there would have been fans on here to defend the decision, I'll guarantee you that.

Did Canzeri really need to carry the ball 43 times against Illinois?

Did Daniels really need the 25-30 carries he got while he has been injured?

Wadley averaged over 7.0 yard per carry against Northwestern last year, yet he cannot get playing time over a tired back and a back with a bum wheel? what the hell?

All runningbacks fumble the football, you still play Adrian Peterson if he fumbles the ball. Heck, maybe Old Kirk would have benched Adrian, I don't know. I'm sure there would have been fans on here to defend the decision, I'll guarantee you that.

Adrian Peterson..... LOFL, awesome comparison

Iowa doesn't need to worry about top 10 rankings, etc. You control your own destiny. Keep winning and you'll be in Indy....win that and you're in the playoff and then it's anyone's game for the natl title

Wadley is awesome. So is Canzeri. Canzeri looks faster to me, can catch out of the backfield and is a good blocker. There should be some consideration to longevity as well. Canzeri is a senior and sophomore Wadley needs to stay healthy for next season.

As far as rankings go... just win baby!

your inability to understand what i'm saying reflects a low IQ. nowhere did i compare wadley to peterson. sorry to bother with you sir, have a good day.

I absolutely understood what you were saying, I'm sorry that you're really pissed off that the Hawks are 7-0 and Kirk is firmly off of any hot seat.

I absolutely understood what you were saying, I'm sorry that you're really pissed off that the Hawks are 7-0 and Kirk is firmly off of any hot seat.

You could not be more wrong. I'm happy for New Kirk. I would like nothing more than to see him go out a winner and ride off into the sunset.

I was on this board defending him through 2011-2012 day in day out as a great man and great ambassador of our program, noting his successes. Last season, my resolve to watch him play the wrong guys and hurt his team with his bonehead decisions wore my patience pretty thin, yes, i was angry.

That doesn't mean that his coaching decisions including giving certain players playing time and making others hang on the bench cannot be criticized. I'm a fan, that's kinda what we do there slick.

If you want to have all the discourse be happy happy everything is great go be a delusional Nebraska football fan.

You're assuming that in every case, that KF was playing the wrong guys.

You cannot base the Wadley/Mitchell combo versus Canzeri argument over 1 game's results as affirmation of your point.

There is a helluva lot more trust in a Canzeri than there is in a Wadtchell - a known expectation of output. One is a known quanity, the other isn't.

You could not be more wrong. I'm happy for New Kirk. I would like nothing more than to see him go out a winner and ride off into the sunset.

I was on this board defending him through 2011-2012 day in day out as a great man and great ambassador of our program, noting his successes. Last season, my resolve to watch him play the wrong guys and hurt his team with his bonehead decisions wore my patience pretty thin, yes, i was angry.

That doesn't mean that his coaching decisions including giving certain players playing time and making others hang on the bench cannot be criticized. I'm a fan, that's kinda what we do there slick.

If you want to have all the discourse be happy happy everything is great go be a delusional Nebraska football fan.
I'm all for valid criticism, "slick". Trust me I saw some really good things from Wadley on Saturday, but in my mind emphatically stating KF screwed up / made the wrong decision on this after 1 game (particularly given what we've also seen from Wadley around fumbling) I don't think falls into that valid category.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT