ADVERTISEMENT

Heard on the radio (from a Neb station), Adrian Martinez will win the Heisman

Yeah so take that. Nebraska is going to be good and you cant say any differently even on an Iowa message board. We are the champs.

Also Minnesota is going to be be good again and so is Army. Reap It. We have history.

Reactions: sltldowney
Yeah so take that. Nebraska is going to be good and you cant say any differently even on an Iowa message board. We are the champs.

Also Minnesota is going to be be good again and so is Army. Reap It. We have history.

The great Yale coach Tad Jones, before the 1914 Harvard game:

"Gentlemen, you are about to play a game against Harvard. Nothing you do in your lives will ever again be so important as what you do here today."

When his great-great grandson is hired as football coach in New Haven, look out college football.

Reactions: Mr.Basketball98

MN and Army are terrible comparisons, but you knew that (or should have). Neither have done anything in modern football history.

Texas would be better comparison. Starting fading at the end of the Mack Brown era, made a bad hire in Charlie Strong (only lasted 3 yrs like Riley), and after a rough first year under Herman had a solid 10 win season in 2018.

No I stand behind Minnesota and Army having just as much chance as Nebraska winning another National championship

Army and Minny are fine, but I take umbrage at you dismissing Yale.

I could go on but we have to give the Cornholer fans time to look for a dictionary to learn what umbrage means. When they realize they don't own a dictionary they will call friends who have never owned a dictionary so are no help. Tomorrow is a Sunday and the local library 30 miles away will be closed.

Back to point, go Elis!

Reactions: Mr.Basketball98
I didn't say anything about moral victories. Just pointing out facts. Losing last minute to good teams on the road is better than losing by 20. It's not black and white and sorry if facts hurt your feelings, but NU got better as year 1 under Frost progressed. It's reasonable to expect that to continue in year 2 esp with a favorable schedule. NU had one of the harder schedules last season.

Iowa won only 4 games not that long ago then had one of if not their best season a few years later. NU regularly won 9-10 game under an average/below average HC in Pelini. I think it's again reasonable to assume they can get back to that under Frost. Maybe not in year 2, but it won't be long and it's wouldn't surprise many outside of Iowa if NU won 9-10 games in 2019.

Sorry you're getting butthurt. Feel free to stop responding to me.

I'd tell you to go rewatch Iowa's national championship games, but....you know why I'm not.

That, my friend, is the very definition of a moral victory.

Since you like facts so much, here are some important ones: you needed Bethune-Cookman past year to get to 4 wins. Fact. Iowa beat Nebraska last year. Fact.

You seem to think your conjecture about if this happened or that happened is a fact. The fact is: it didn't happen. I won't disagree that Nebraska will likely see better results in the future, but until that happens, you're still a fan of a 4-8 team over here beating your chest about your 4-8 team. That's a fact.

Nice dismount with the national title comment. You think you were putting a "stamp" on your post. The rest of us all got a chuckle . Kudos.

Since you like facts so much, here are some important ones: you needed Bethune-Cookman past year to get to 4 wins. Fact. Iowa beat Nebraska last year. Fact.

You seem to think your conjecture about if this happened or that happened is a fact. The fact is: it didn't happen. I won't disagree that Nebraska will likely see better results in the future, but until that happens, you're still a fan of a 4-8 team over here beating your chest about your 4-8 team. That's a fact.

Nice dismount with the national title comment. You think you were putting a "stamp" on your post. The rest of us all got a chuckle . Kudos.
Although husker fans are praying for the turn around we saw the last 6 game to continue forward. I agree with put up or shut up finally with the fan base. It is just so long until the season, the same topics keep Coming up

First year head coach and freshman qb vs 20 year coach and a junior qb and only lost by 3 . Those stompings happened with Riley
However, game had the early feel of a big Iowa win and due to some strange coaching decisions (including unsuccessful fake field attempt) made this game much closer than final score indicated. Hawks controlled both lines of scrimmage and was definitely the better team. I fully expect Iowa to go into Lincoln next season and get another win.

Texas would be better comparison. Starting fading at the end of the Mack Brown era, made a bad hire in Charlie Strong (only lasted 3 yrs like Riley), and after a rough first year under Herman had a solid 10 win season in 2018.

You think Nebraska compares with Texas, which has many times the population of NE, many many more times the FBS talent in state, its own TV network, a more recent NC, and many more conference championships this century?

JFC you guys are delusional.

However, game had the early feel of a big Iowa win and due to some strange coaching decisions (including unsuccessful fake field attempt) made this game much closer than final score indicated. Hawks controlled both lines of scrimmage and was definitely the better team. I fully expect Iowa to go into Lincoln next season and get another win.
Should be a great game this year. I have a feeling it will be another 1 score game going either way

You think Nebraska compares with Texas, which has many times the population of NE, many many more times the FBS talent in state, its own TV network, a more recent NC, and many more conference championships this century?

I think they mean what a bad hire can do to a team. Texas has way more local talent and had terrible development.

According to the 1620 station out of Omaha, Martinez is a favorite to be in the final four, and supposedly has the 4th best odds to win the trophy behind Lawrence, Tua and Hurts according to Brett McMurphy. I’m assuming this is complete bull crap.

4th best player in the country? Doubtful in my opinion. Maybe 3rd or 4th best QB in the Big Ten.
My brother lives in Fuskerland and what he's hearing is the locals saying Martinez will be B1G POY in 2019, Heisman winner in 2020 and NFL offensive rookie of the year in 2021. You can't make this sh@t up.

My brother lives in Fuskerland and what he's hearing is the locals saying Martinez will be B1G POY in 2019, Heisman winner in 2020 and NFL offensive rookie of the year in 2021. You can't make this sh@t up.
Yeah I am one that pumps the breaks with those comments . I think he is a heck of a talent but will need a cast around him to continue to develop.

This thread is about winning the Heisman. I’m not questioning how good he is gonna be, I’m questioning a Heisman run without hitting more downfield throws. Haskins threw 50 TD passes and 2,200 more yards than Martinez. You can’t gain that ground by throwing bubble screens. The good thing for him is that Nebraska’s defense will give up lots of points so he will have plenty of opportunities.

He will get hurt. Won't have to worry about a Heisman

I think they mean what a bad hire can do to a team. Texas has way more local talent and had terrible development.

Even then, Texas is a stretch. You'd have to compare UN to a school that was great more than 2 decades ago whose fans suffer from delusion and insane expectations set during a bygone era when sexual assault, violence, rampant steroid use, and academic deficiency were swept under the rug, where numerous coaching hires have been mismanaged, that hasn't finished in the top 25 in 6 years, and hasn't won a conference title this century. Thankfully, not many schools compare to Nebraska ;)

Even then, Texas is a stretch. You'd have to compare UN to a school that was great more than 2 decades ago whose fans suffer from delusion and insane expectations set during a bygone era when sexual assault, violence, rampant steroid use, and academic deficiency were swept under the rug, where numerous coaching hires have been mismanaged, that hasn't finished in the top 25 in 6 years, and hasn't won a conference title this century. Thankfully, not many schools compare to Nebraska ;)
Ya had to go there lol

I heard on the radio in DM that Iowa will go 8-5 in 2019. Also said Stanley will be all B1G 3rd team.

They weren’t going out on a limb, but can’t say there’s much there to argue about.

Reactions: AZHusker1979

I explained my comparison. Didn't mention anything about state population, local talent, and tv networks. I clearly stated toward the end of the Mack Brown era, not dating back to the early/mid 2000s when UT was a top program.

Clearly NU and UT are different in a lot of ways. However, both are Blue Bloods that had runs of dominance and have since faded back. Now both have young good head coaches that appear to be ready to turn the programs around.

Reading is hard, huh?

I explained my comparison. Didn't mention anything about state population, local talent, and tv networks. I clearly stated toward the end of the Mack Brown era, not dating back to the early/mid 2000s when UT was a top program.

Clearly NU and UT are different in a lot of ways. However, both are Blue Bloods that had runs of dominance and have since faded back. Now both have young good head coaches that appear to be ready to turn the programs around.

Reading is hard, huh?
There’s a few words in your post that will trigger 98% of Iowa fans. They look at Iowa football and Nebraska football and see a lot of similarities in geography and cannot come to grips with the fact that Nebraska was nationally relevant for 30 plus straight years while Iowa has maybe 5 total years of national relevance. It’s the green monster of envy that eats away at them, or at least 98% of them.

Yikes your post is riddled with inaccuracies regarding what I said. Fact.

In no way did I say the loss to Iowa was a victory. I pointed out it shows improvement. Fact. Explain to me how it doesn't?

Was NU supposed to lose to BC? Not sure why beating the crap out of a bad team is a negative. Iowa schedules crap teams all the time...kind of known for it actually. Plus, BC was a makeup game. NU didn't exactly have a ton of options. Sorry they didn't schedule Bama. Fact.

Yes, Iowa beat NU. I didn't say they didn't. Agree, Fact.

You're calling my post stating NU got better throughout the season conjecture? How? Did NU not improve from start to finish?

Are you staying it's not reasonable to expect continued improvement from NU and Frost going into year 2. It's not certain, but logic would seem to show it's likely. Do you disagree? You called it conjecture.

Are you saying NU didn't have a hard schedule in 2018 and that 2019 doesn't look easier? If so, why?

My "dismount" lol...was in direct response to typical Iowa burns about watching NU's last title on VHS. I didn't expect Iowa fans to find it funny...wasn't meant to be, but I laughed so I typed it.

There’s a few words in your post that will trigger 98% of Iowa fans. They look at Iowa football and Nebraska football and see a lot of similarities in geography and cannot come to grips with the fact that Nebraska was nationally relevant for 30 plus straight years while Iowa has maybe 5 total years of national relevance. It’s the green monster of envy that eats away at them, or at least 98% of them.
This is so true. I can totally respect that Iowa is a good solid football program. I can also respect that recently they have been better than Nebraska. All true IMO.

It is what it is...I like a salty rivalry. Can't wait for Frost to get this thing humming. GBR!

Reading is hard, huh?

You guys are almost as good as Minnesota, which is also a former "blue blood" (god this is the douchiest phrase in all of sports), has fallen on decades of mediocrity, and has a young coach. Congrats.

Also - why are you here?

Triggered^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blueblood is determined by total wins, win percentage, NCs won and number of Heisman winners.

Schools that do not meet one or more of those criteria, Yale, Army, Minnesota and Iowa.

Schools that meet those criteria Alabama, tOSU, Michigan, Nebraska among a select few others.

You guys are almost as good as Minnesota, which is also a former "blue blood" (god this is the douchiest phrase in all of sports), has fallen on decades of mediocrity, and has a young coach. Congrats.

Also - why are you here?
Lol! Grasping at straws when you're comparing Neb to Minn. Minn last won a NC in 1960 and before that it was 1941. NU has won 5 since Minn last won one. Maybe you're young...IDK, but you don't have to be that old to have been around when Neb was what Bama is today. Nice reach though.

If you don't believe a Husker fan (me) we're a Blue Blood. Google it. Plenty of non-Husker fan BB lists have us on it. You'll have a harder time finding one without Neb on it.

Yes, Neb has fallen and played mediocre football overall since 2001. Have been pretty much on par with Iowa overall during that period. Congrats!

Am I not allowed on here? Mods! Did I miss a trespassing sign somewhere? I apologize if my presence offends you.

@RedFury187 you're right it is a trigger. #BlueBlood

Last edited:
Here’s an idea, have the mods post a rules thread and make using the term “blueblood” a bannable offense. Since there will never be a reason for Iowa fans to use such a term in regards to Iowa football there should be no problem.

It may cause a problem on the wrestling board since Iowa is a blueblood in wrestling, but I think you guys can work out the details.

Here’s an idea, have the mods post a rules thread and make using the term “blueblood” a bannable offense. Since there will never be a reason for Iowa fans to use such a term in regards to Iowa football there should be no problem.

It may cause a problem on the wrestling board since Iowa is a blueblood in wrestling, but I think you guys can work out the details.

Do the posters on the Husker Board know how much of an embarrassing douchebag you are over here, H8FULGR8?

Triggered ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not worth my time to try and prove a negative, it’s a free message board. My arguments are my own. You’ll always have 2015-2018 embrace it.

It appears the annual off-season migration of Nebraska fans telling us "you just wait" is under way.

Pardon me if I take the "prove it" approach after you've inundated our boards beating your chest about how much more talent you have in Lincoln. Then it comes time to prove it and you've fallen short.

Until they prove it, spare us.

So true! That’s why we elected you Governator.

And to recap Husker fans' arguments: They lift weights now, as if the rest of the conference doesn't lift weights and won't continue to progress in this area.

They'll have more time in Frost's system. What sucks for them though, is that their season ended in November while most of the Big Ten spent December in bowl prep where they practiced and brought younger guys along while Husker players went home for Christmas.

If only other teams would stop lifting and practicing. But championships are right around the corner in Lincoln.

In a thread about Nebraska started by an Iowa fan that is on the first page of the Iowa board in mid March.

Care to chime in about my idea to ban the word “blueblood” over here? The collective blood pressure of Iowa fans would drop significantly if you banned that word.

Reactions: throwin bones50
Triggered^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blueblood is determined by total wins, win percentage, NCs won and number of Heisman winners.

Schools that do not meet one or more of those criteria, Yale, Army, Minnesota and Iowa.

Schools that meet those criteria Alabama, tOSU, Michigan, Nebraska among a select few others.

Iowa fans aren’t “triggered” so much as they are embarrassed for you. Nebraska, Minnesota, etc are not blue bloods - yes Minnesota’s last NC was farther back but they all have one thing in common. They were great teams in different eras of football. Nebraska thrived during a time that no longer exists and is not coming back. Those things that were advantageous for the Huskers then are not here for them to take advantage of now.

Blue Bloods like Ohio St and Alabama dominate and diffferrent eras because they are, well, blue bloods.

That’s why Nebraska fans get made fun of - they don’t understand this. They will probably be better under Frost but in a Pelini sort of way. Expecting them to being back to the glory days is just not realistic.

Now can we get the reasonable Husker posters like Bones and Unrivaled back in your place?

In a thread about Nebraska started by an Iowa fan that is on the first page of the Iowa board in mid March.

Care to chime in about my idea to ban the word “blueblood” over here? The collective blood pressure of Iowa fans would drop significantly if you banned that word.

Huh?

It’s a combination of total wins, winning percent, NCs and Heisman winners. Nebraska and Michigan are in or they are both out.

Sorry Iowa’s not included in the discussion.
The term "blue blood" has no meaning of importance...Iowa fans generally prefer to live in the present and not the past. Presently, Iowa's football team is better than Nebraska's...now THAT'S what really "triggers" husker fans.

It’s a combination of total wins, winning percent, NCs and Heisman winners. Nebraska and Michigan are in or they are both out.

Sorry Iowa’s not included in the discussion.

They can both be out then. I didn’t include Michigan either. Just like Nebraska, Iowa beats them down on a regular basis as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT