ADVERTISEMENT

Hernandez competing at Super 32

Dawson Youngblut is in the quarters, pinned Jake Hockaday, that's a nice win.

Yep. Hockaday is a top 10 126lbr. Wasn't a fluke pin either. 1st period was 2tds for Hockaday to 1 for Youngblut. Youngblut started on top in 2nd. Turned him for 3, released hold and turned him again for the fall.

Beat another top 20(Zinkin) in the rd of 16.

Yep. Hockaday is a top 10 126lbr. Wasn't a fluke pin either. 1st period was 2tds for Hockaday to 1 for Youngblut. Youngblut started on top in 2nd. Turned him for 3, released hold and turned him again for the fall.

Hockaday was also teammates last year with current Hawkeye football player, Leighton Jones

Top ten at a weight puts him around top 120 pfp, right?

Dawson can ride the heck out of people and is very adapt at pinning people. Think he’s wrestling for Don Bosco now. Should get better.

Reactions: jrod65
And this is a mindset that’s very tough to learn when you hit college.
I have high hopes for Dawson. I should probably let things play out a bit but I think he will be a multi time Iowa state champ and if he continues to improve I would love if he came to Iowa.

Have you ever seen him put on a ride. He’s vicious on top. I saw him at night of conflict completely turn and destroy Rowdy Neighbor. Neighbor was runner up last year at state. Dawson was still in 8th grade. Turned him session than stuck him hard and flat. He’s definitely more of a folkstyle guy right now.

kael voinovich had a good showing and is listed as competing out of iowa. where is he going to high school?

McCort boys look amazing as usual.

Forrest wins a stingy match in the finals at 126. Basset dominates Vega for the 132 title.

Younger brother Keegan in the finals of the middle school 85lb bracket. Beat Chittums younger cousin* (I think) in the semi's.

Melvin Miller up now in the 144 finals. Just looks incredibly smooth.

Kael Voinovich wrestling the #1 seed Bouzakis for 3rd at 150. Teched by Rath in the quarters. Rath also beat CJ Torres in the semis. Torres then lost to Bouzakis in the consi-semi's.

Lockett in the finals at 157, dominating.

*Thank you for the correction Reymundo.

Last edited:
McCort boys look amazing as usual.

Forrest wins a stingy match in the finals at 126. Basset dominates Vega for the 132 title.

Younger brother Keegan in the finals of the middle school 85lb bracket. Beat Chittums younger brother (I think) in the semi's.

Melvin Miller up now in the 144 finals. Just looks incredibly smooth.

Kael Voinovich wrestling the #1 seed Bouzakis for 3rd at 150. Teched by Rath in the quarters. Rath also beat CJ Torres in the semis. Torres then lost to Bouzakis in the consi-semi's.

Lockett in the finals at 157, dominating.
I think the Chittums are cousins.

Reactions: LaxHawk174
Voinovich falls 6-4 to Bouzakis for 3rd, finished 4th while seeded 6th. Solid tournament for him other than getting smoked by Rath.

Lockett takes care of business in the finals, 4-1 in SV. Was up 1-0 and took an injury lung timeout then got dinged for stalling after the restart to make it 1-1 to send it to OT. He was gassed but executed, got to the leg off of a front head position and finished clean anticipating the roll. Rocking the classic Iowa black and gold shoes too :cool:

Other family members

Dru Ayala's results were noted above.

Rocco Cassioppi wrestling as a freshman in the 106 lb HS division finished in the R12.

Vinny Ferrari, cousin of the 3 Ferrari brothers we all know and love, finished in the R12 wrestling in the 100 lb middle school division.

Other family members

Dru Ayala's results were noted above.

Rocco Cassioppi wrestling as a freshman in the 106 lb HS division finished in the R12.

Vinny Ferrari, cousin of the 3 Ferrari brothers we all know and love, finished in the R12 wrestling in the 100 lb middle school division.
His name was either going to be Vinnie or Paulie

Last edited:
Voinovich falls 6-4 to Bouzakis for 3rd, finished 4th while seeded 6th. Solid tournament for him other than getting smoked by Rath.

Lockett takes care of business in the finals, 4-1 in SV. Was up 1-0 and took an injury lung timeout then got dinged for stalling after the restart to make it 1-1 to send it to OT. He was gassed but executed, got to the leg off of a front head position and finished clean anticipating the roll. Rocking the classic Iowa black and gold shoes too :cool:
Voinovich was leading late and was trying to stall out but got caught for a TD.

Reactions: LaxHawk174
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT