ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Flo Wrestling Please Help!!

hawkeyedanny

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2010
I do love all that you do for the sport of Wrestling. Even if it's not always slanted towards the favoritism of my beloved Iowa Hawkeyes;) But for the love of God, would you allow a one time purchase of the Iowa/Oklahoma State Dual meet. I can't afford the $150.00 annual fee. The Mrs. would not be happy with me.:(

I could do 10 to 15 dollars for the meet. Well worth it for a guy in Iowa who can't make it to Stillwater on February 24th.

Or could you release it to the BigTen. So, I as a BigTenPlus subscriber could access it??

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Hawkeyedanny

I do love all that you do for the sport of Wrestling. Even if it's not always slanted towards the favoritism of my beloved Iowa Hawkeyes;) But for the love of God, would you allow a one time purchase of the Iowa/Oklahoma State Dual meet. I can't afford the $150.00 annual fee. The Mrs. would not be happy with me.:(

I could do 10 to 15 dollars for the meet. Well worth it for a guy in Iowa who can't make it to Stillwater on February 24th.

Or could you release it to the BigTen. So, I as a BigTenPlus subscriber could access it??

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Hawkeyedanny

I already proposed this and assessed my royalty fee. So if it happens I will split my share 85-15 with you. But seriously these needs to happen!

I've heard from several people on this board that is not an option anymore!!

It definitely is an option. You need to CALL (512-220-1691) and talk to someone personally. When I called in December I was told that I had to sign up for the 1 year subscription, they would charge my card $150, then they would immediately switch me from annual to monthly ($30) and refund me $120. I pushed hard with them, stating that their system is convoluted and makes no accounting or business sense, and the person agreed to skip the annual thing and simply sign me up for monthly.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Hawkeyedanny
If you are in the decorah area that day.... you can watch at my place. Please bring the snacks and refreshments :)

It definitely is an option. You need to CALL (512-220-1691) and talk to someone personally. When I called in December I was told that I had to sign up for the 1 year subscription, they would charge my card $150, then they would immediately switch me from annual to monthly ($30) and refund me $120. I pushed hard with them, stating that their system is convoluted and makes no accounting or business sense, and the person agreed to skip the annual thing and simply sign me up for monthly.

This is what i did as well, its really not as bad as it sounds. The transaction takes 1 day. I cancel after Big 10 tournament. I wish they would let you space out the annual 150.00 as a monthly payment. In Pa Flo just bought the rights to the State Tournaments. So for people outside of Pa who have any interest thats a good thing. I'd love to watch the Iowa state championships and a few other states as well.

This is what i did as well, its really not as bad as it sounds. The transaction takes 1 day. I cancel after Big 10 tournament. I wish they would let you space out the annual 150.00 as a monthly payment. In Pa Flo just bought the rights to the State Tournaments. So for people outside of Pa who have any interest thats a good thing. I'd love to watch the Iowa state championships and a few other states as well.

You have to live in Illinois to watch the Iowa State championships...we are that awesome.

Well my brother did for years and made the trip to Iowa for states, I met up with him and got to see the 1986 finals I was passing thru on my way to my base when I was stationed in Wyoming, got to see the Brands brothers. What a super tournament loved the passion.

Last edited:
FWIW if FloWrestling didn't have the rights to OK State duals this year I'm pretty sure they would end up being on Fox Sports Oklahoma and then I have no idea how'd you watch it in Iowa.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
FWIW if FloWrestling didn't have the rights to OK State duals this year I'm pretty sure they would end up being on Fox Sports Oklahoma and then I have no idea how'd you watch it in Iowa.

I was watching Alber vs Brock on flo and missed the match winning TD because of some weird "make noise" infographic that was displaying instead of the live wrestling action. This happened in several matches during that dual. What's up with that?

Doesn't flo have a contract with the big 12 so they will cover it right? Or I'm all mixed up here lol

I was watching Alber vs Brock on flo and missed the match winning TD because of some weird "make noise" infographic that was displaying instead of the live wrestling action. This happened in several matches during that dual. What's up with that?

yeah that was unfortunate. so, some streams you see on Flo are produced by Flo, like the USAW events, Who's #1, and a few colleges. Those events we have total control over. but for other events, like Oklahoma State duals and all of the BTN plus duals, we just take a stream that is produced by the schools (or from some other third party in other cases). Those we have very little control over. We can and do talk to our broadcast partners and we (like me and the content team) relay these concerns to the folks at Flo who talk to our partners, but in the case with OK State, their broadcast is tied to the arena screen and that is not going to change for the rest of the season. We've mentioned the concern to them but there's little we can do if they decide to cut to the crowd noise graphic in the middle of a match in future matches.

the good new for the specific case you mentioned is I was able to capture the sequence mat side. You can watch it in the tweet below.

Doesn't flo have a contract with the big 12 so they will cover it right? Or I'm all mixed up here lol
it's not a conference-wide contract like with BTN but we do have a deal with OK State individually.

We also have individual deals with other Big 12 schools (Iowa State, NDSU, SDSU, Wyoming, UNI, WVU, Fresno State, I think that's it). Plus we'llhave everyy match of the Big 12 champions except the finals (those will be on cable TV).

Reactions: Wink8
yeah that was unfortunate. so, some streams you see on Flo are produced by Flo, like the USAW events, Who's #1, and a few colleges. Those events we have total control over. but for other events, like Oklahoma State duals and all of the BTN plus duals, we just take a stream that is produced by the schools (or from some other third party in other cases). Those we have very little control over. We can and do talk to our broadcast partners and we (like me and the content team) relay these concerns to the folks at Flo who talk to our partners, but in the case with OK State, their broadcast is tied to the arena screen and that is not going to change for the rest of the season. We've mentioned the concern to them but there's little we can do if they decide to cut to the crowd noise graphic in the middle of a match in future matches.

the good new for the specific case you mentioned is I was able to capture the sequence mat side. You can watch it in the tweet below.

Thanks for the explanation and for the link to that takedown!

I will be in Iowa city that week. Do any bars show it? My grandparents live off Melrose- does Coaches Corner have it on?

it's not a conference-wide contract like with BTN but we do have a deal with OK State individually.

We also have individual deals with other Big 12 schools (Iowa State, NDSU, SDSU, Wyoming, UNI, WVU, Fresno State, I think that's it). Plus we'llhave everyy match of the Big 12 champions except the finals (those will be on cable TV).
Does this mean you’ll have Iowa vs Okie State?

BUMP!!!

That was from the Okie State video feed, and it's just awful. They think that instant replays of THEIR scored points are more important that showing the live match. Disgusting. Coach Smith should try to put a stop to this. OSU, of all places, should know better than this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT