ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Tom Paris

Kickball is a reasonable answer. Dodgeball is a lot of fun but it is very antisocial. I liked "I didn't come up with a lesson plan so dick around in the gym" days because that was some of the only pickup basketball in Parkersburg outside of summer shootarounds

Reactions: TennNole17
We had big red rubber balls my man. They hurt people good.

So we did it differently. We called it “Pin guard”. This is rules:

- played in the wresting room so you can duck or dodge without hurting yourself
- played with volleyballs not the red rubber balls like you’re talking about
- same rules as dodgeball, throwers caught ball is out
- 2 bowling pins are at the back of the room on both sides (object of the game is to protect the pins. Knock your opponents two pins down and the game is over)
- we could play about 5 games in a period (played during high school)

We had big red rubber balls my man. They hurt people good.
episode 12 fall GIF

• Love
Reactions: GOHOX69
As someone who taught PE for several years I can easily say that every PE teacher has the same number one goal.

“Don’t get sued by the little girl's family, who gets hit in the face by a dodgeball thrown by the varsity catcher.”

So we did it differently. We called it “Pin guard”. This is rules:

- played in the wresting room so you can duck or dodge without hurting yourself
- played with volleyballs not the red rubber balls like you’re talking about
- same rules as dodgeball, throwers caught ball is out
- 2 bowling pins are at the back of the room on both sides (object of the game is to protect the pins. Knock your opponents two pins down and the game is over)
- we could play about 5 games in a period (played during high school)
Head shots counted as well. And were encouraged. Had and gave a few bloody noses over the years at East

If it isn’t dodgeball (with volleyballs) I’m out!
We had dodgeball in HS with the maroon rubber balls. Glasses were smashed, bullet throws to kids heads. If you threw a double head shot (ball hits head, head hits wall) you were legend for the hour.

We had the stereotypical old school gym teacher. He did nothing, absolutely nothing. For a full year, we’d walk in, he’d roll the balls out and we’d dodgeball the period. This teacher took two kids, probably 14 or 15 and known to run their mouths at each other…and they got into a scrape during a match. He took them and threw them into the storage closet and in his words “so the two idiots can fight it out”.

We played a version of cage ball when I was in high school. The class was all male, and our wrestling coach/PE teacher basically let us have at it. Things got pretty intense. Ultimately the game got shut down when someone dislocated their shoulder on the huge ball. Great workouts for a while though.

The scout leader was always the full-time queer in my scouts.
Confirmation Pastor.
Came out right after retiring. Had a wife and kid I believe. Didn’t get busted for solicitation until he was in his 70’s

We had dodgeball in HS with the maroon rubber balls. Glasses were smashed, bullet throws to kids heads. If you threw a double head shot (ball hits head, head hits wall) you were legend for the hour.

We had the stereotypical old school gym teacher. He did nothing, absolutely nothing. For a full year, we’d walk in, he’d roll the balls out and we’d dodgeball the period. This teacher took two kids, probably 14 or 15 and known to run their mouths at each other…and they got into a scrape during a match. He took them and threw them into the storage closet and in his words “so the two idiots can fight it out”.

Our PE teacher was also the wrestling coach we called “Sarge”. He would join the game and play with us. He was pretty intense, but I was fine with it.

Looking back, maybe something not so great is he would let the special ed kids play. Well, since we don’t believe in disabilities he treated them just like everyone else. They got lit up too.

Reactions: JWolf74
If it isn’t dodgeball (with volleyballs) I’m out!
In middle school our gym teacher was absolutely jacked & looked like Shaft. He would grab a rack of rock hard, over inflated volleyballs. He was the only person allowed to throw. I would try to avoid his glare until he drilled about 8 kids & then quietly join them on the sidelines. Those frickin things hurt like hell lol.

In middle school our gym teacher was absolutely jacked & looked like Shaft. He would grab a rack of rock hard, over inflated volleyballs. He was the only person allowed to throw. I would try to avoid his glare until he drilled about 8 kids & then quietly join them on the sidelines. Those frickin things hurt like hell lol.

Bloodlust…. of PE competition…

vDDSmL8I5nPpRNmi1anFKlux7fAT80ow2c1XLfJIlPRoDqe9Yvk42qJ-EPUahCuK7fZD8kWoFFwgH1vROeryOR-w0RJffl26xD3DoP-l4Hg9TvekhZZJFhzOeccohfTmFePLnVqQYZyudSqQq317l7K3

Just thinking about lighting a poor SOB up with those overinflated volleyballs…

a265e0f7ce40e8f687b813037280fda5.gif

• Haha
Reactions: wausauhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT