ADVERTISEMENT

High End Coffee Machine--coupon code

GOHOX69

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2009
I'm doing a psa for hrot. Many of you wanted a high end espresso machine. If you go to the sak's fifth Avenue website you can save 20 percent off today and tomorrow with free shipping. Use the code

FORYOU

I saved 260 dollars on the Delonghi Maestro.

Yea I'm frugal. So what? No restrictions on the type/brand/dollar amount of machine and free shipping.

You're welcome!

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
I'm doing a psa for hrot. Many of you wanted a high end espresso machine. If you go to the sak's fifth Avenue website you can save 20 percent off today and tomorrow with free shipping. Use the code

FORYOU

Yea I'm frugal. So what? No restrictions on the type/brand/dollar amount of machine and free shipping.

You're welcome!
Wait a minute...20% off a Delonghi Maestro is $260????

Reactions: GOHOX69
I used to frequent the U of I surplus store when it was on Gilbert, in the old Iowa Lumber building. One could buy custom made Iowa cabinetry usually for less than the hardware that was on it. One day they had a machine that looked something like this for 800. Usually they would take less but I always wondered if I could have made a buck on it...
H0054-L106488449.jpg

related question for OP or anyone who knows. how does the output from $10 vietnamese filter phin tech compare with espresso for lattes? i've never tried the phin but wondering...

Reactions: GOHOX69

FORYOU

You're welcome!

And in the end it tastes just like coffee

I used to frequent the U of I surplus store when it was on Gilbert, in the old Iowa Lumber building. One could buy custom made Iowa cabinetry usually for less than the hardware that was on it. One day they had a machine that looked something like this for 800. Usually they would take less but I always wondered if I could have made a buck on it...
H0054-L106488449.jpg
That's awesome.

related question for OP or anyone who knows. how does the output from $10 vietnamese filter phin tech compare with espresso for lattes? i've never tried the phin but wondering...
They are entirely different worlds. I use a phin with Cafe du monde and condensed milk. Caffeinated taste explosion. The mouth feel compared to a latte is completely different.

Reactions: desihawk
They are entirely different worlds. I use a phin with Cafe du monde and condensed milk. Caffeinated taste explosion. The mouth feel compared to a latte is completely different.
thank you. i was curious about this and (mistakenly) assumed the phin's drippings(?) couldbe used with steamed+frothed milk.

i just googled (saw amazon link) to see what that is. seems like just a metal cup you heat on the stove.
Yes it's a small brass pot (some are bigger than others). I got one in Macedonia for I think $3. You heat the grounds in the water and you know it's done when a crust forms on the top. You pour the top half of the pot in a cup and try to keep as many grounds as possible from going in there. It's an acquired taste but damn I've come to love it.

Reactions: desihawk
Jura is the way to go, grinders don’t jam and the higher end models have multiple features, easy to use
You're right to an extent. Machines are like a black hole. There are plenty better than Jura. The point, for me at least, is that it's simple enough for my lady friend and I to use with without getting another PhD in coffee making. That particular machine works in manual mode if you're into latte art or automatically if you're simply into letting the machine auto froth your drinks. I have a separate lelit machine that is a dual boiler and considerably more expensive to test parameters. In this one, my goal is more to see how different coffee varietals taste in making a delicious drink.

As to the Miele person, I'm not interested in a superautomatic. They generate crema using a pressurized portafilter which means they are basically fake. Moreover, the path between fluid and your cup is laden with plastic, which isn't my idea of good health. I have a Miele dishwasher in my lab and that's good enough for me.

Basically to each their own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT