ADVERTISEMENT

High school coach fired for hitting player

The hardest hit I ever took in high school football was the assistant coach smacking me in the head after I made a touchdown saving tackle. I had to sit out a few plays to get myself together.

Reactions: BrianNole777
The school: "Thank you for your prayers and encouragement in helping us to better fulfill our mission."

the-office-stanley.gif

Reactions: BrianNole777
Coaches never hit us, but one time the assistant shoved another player pretty hard after a f*ck up and the parent was not having it. Dude made a formal apology after the game. Big learning experience for him, still coaches though. He was a pretty good guy not having his best moment.

What an idiot. Seriously. No excuse for being on the field when it's not your formation.
:oops:

There are high school coaches who do not hit their players.
However, there are plenty of high school coaches who
verbally abuse their players by cursing and swearing
profanities at them. This is not a good way to coach.

Back in 5th grade during a Pop Warner football practice (early 2000s) I remember my coach absolutely laying me out on a kick return. My feet were up off the air and I landed on my back/shoulders.

When I look back at it, not good. I didn't think it was a big deal at the time but nowadays definitely a no-no.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
He lost it and he deserved to be fired. There's no excuse for that he did. With that said, I think a lot of posters here, let's say forty or older, can remember being clutched with two large hands on the face mask and pulled into the face of a screaming coach. I got my share of it. I'm not sure how much it benefitted me as a developing young man, but I can say that I came to appreciate the costs of not doing what I was supposed to be doing. And I continue to appreciate that message to this day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT