ADVERTISEMENT

History of the 2nd Amendment

I understand what an unenumerated right is, and I agree with how you framed it here. However, my reason for mentioning RVW was to draw an analogy that laws/regulations/rights are not permanent and subject to change over time. Also, I don't believe reasonable regulation is an infringement. You yourself cited regulations that started in the 30s. Can I own a supersonic jet with smart bombs? No, because it's against the law. And it should be. I don't consider that an infringement on my rights.
Oh, don't confuse my knowledge that it exists with support. I would vote to repeal the NFA today if possible.

Even governor of California Ronald Reagan signed into law restrictive gun control laws in the 60s, but no one then or now was calling him a tyrant, were they?

of course Reagan signed that into the law because they didn’t want Black people carrying guns, because it’s always been a close connection between gun carrying and white supremacy, slave patrols growing into police departments, you name it. Obviously the party of crazies and fascists and racists doesn’t want anyone, especially kids, to learn actual history so they just send it down the memory hole like Orwells 1984, but this is all our history and it is true.

Jefferson and Madison crafted the bill of rights and the second amendment was obviously intended, as explained in their correspondence and in the correspondence and public statements of members of Congress at the time, to avoid the potential undemocratic overthrow of the government by a standing army that was common throughout centuries of European history. That’s why the second amendment refers to a “well regulated militia” in order to keep a “free state”, meaning free from potential invasions, which the young United States learned was inadequate after the war of 1812, after which they instituted standing armies.

how is it again that the gun fanatics and death cult members can refer to a second amendment that refers to “well regulated“, and then be against almost all government regulation of those same weapons? Because facts and history don’t matter to these people. They love violence and they love war and they want their guns to enforce their white supremacy.

all this total bullshit about a right to bear arms mainly to be able to fight against the government itself is absolute hogwash.

They feared a dictator arising and using a standing army to destroy democracy itself, and we have that right now after January 6 and with a Wanabee dictator and sociopath in trump.

this half an hour program, which is easier to listen to on Spotify, but assuming that not everybody uses Spotify here it is on YouTube, summarizes a great book from two years ago covering the Second Amendment.

Some salient points in there about 2nd amendment.

You lost me with the white-supremacy stuff. That some people carried guns for white supremacy purposes, that police departments formed off of slave patrol... that has little to nothing to do with today's gun issues. Obviously that's not police function now, that's not an objective. Nor is that motivation to own a gun for many people at all.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
Fair enough. Do you believe there should be no regulations at all with regard to gun ownership?
Fairly loaded question that I'd bet you're trying to frame to put me in a "gotcha", but to answer as straight forward as possible: for non-violent criminals, non criminals and mentally healthy individuals, I can't think of a regulation that is necessary. Now, if you have a way to disqualify only those in the qualified groups, please share.

Fairly loaded question that I'd bet you're trying to frame to put me in a "gotcha", but to answer as straight forward as possible: for non-violent criminals and mentally healthy individuals, I can't think of a regulation that is necessary. Now, if you have a way to disqualify only those in the qualified groups, please share.
No dude, I was just curious. I'll agree to disagree if that's still allowed.

Are you suggesting that there are no regulations on guns? That's laughable.
OP claimed I was ignoring his question regarded a ‘well regulated’ militia.
I would assert he misunderstands the usage of the term, and that regulation of the militia as suggested by the amendment is a duty of Congress.
See: Militia Act of 1792, Militia Act of 1862, and Militia Act of 1903 for examples of such regulations.

How trained was the a$$hole shooter from Uvalde? What were his qualifying credentials?
What's your point? The "well regulated" phrase was a qualifying phrase, not the operative phrase. Channel you anger somewhere else, like at the shooter. If you want to blame the tool, then we'll need to start banning every tool for murder. How many children are killed by drunk drivers? Way more than by AR-15's.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Ironic to say the least. No, 50% of households didn’t own bump stocks. You’re a fool to think “popular” meant anything other than popular within the community of mouth breathers who possess ar 15s. Again, you fail because you cannot think for yourself. Now go get more marching orders and laugh at the post. Predictably a puppet.
You're so bad at this. It was an add on, like thousands of others, that few were aware of and had presented no issues. What was the rationale for banning a lawful device in that circumstance?

Such a bad troll. But carry on - your ineptitude and subsequent smack downs are humorous overall.

Fairly loaded question that I'd bet you're trying to frame to put me in a "gotcha", but to answer as straight forward as possible: for non-violent criminals, non criminals and mentally healthy individuals, I can't think of a regulation that is necessary. Now, if you have a way to disqualify only those in the qualified groups, please share.
So you believe that someone with those basic qualifications should be able to own, carry and use fully automatic guns? Do you stop at guns or do you think they should be able to own military grade weapons such as rocket launchers, tanks, bombs, etc.?

What's your point? The "well regulated" phrase was a qualifying phrase, not the operative phrase. Channel you anger somewhere else, like at the shooter. If you want to blame the tool, then we'll need to start banning every tool for murder. How many children are killed by drunk drivers? Way more than by AR-15's.
This is such a stupid argument. Really, really dumb.

So you believe that someone with those basic qualifications should be able to own, carry and use fully automatic guns? Do you stop at guns or do you think they should be able to own military grade weapons such as rocket launchers, tanks, bombs, etc.?
Correct. We've gone over this before, and I'm not changing my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT