ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Sheeet, who paid off ESPN?

What did they say?
Just that the talking heads tend to focus on the teams vying for the CFP, but that Iowa is a good story having a nice turnaround from an 0-2 start, that they could have closed shop after the two close losses. Praised Ferentz, someone compared him to Snyder, which then prompted a mention of JHF.

The only reason they gave Iowa any pub is so they can pump us up to make Wisconsin and OSU look better.

I want to know if Iowa or other schools that got late starts will keep climbing the rankings when they are playing and other teams are done. A 2 loss ISU team sits at #9 with a loss to a Fun Belt team. At the end of the season, assuming Iowa wins out, how do you rank that 2 loss ISU team ahead of a 2 loss Iowa? Especially considering Iowa has beaten ISU the past 5 seasons. You can't.

The only reason they gave Iowa any pub is so they can pump us up to make Wisconsin and OSU look better.
tenor.gif

I want to know if Iowa or other schools that got late starts will keep climbing the rankings when they are playing and other teams are done. A 2 loss ISU team sits at #9 with a loss to a Fun Belt team. At the end of the season, assuming Iowa wins out, how do you rank that 2 loss ISU team ahead of a 2 loss Iowa? Especially considering Iowa has beaten ISU the past 5 seasons. You can't.
Their other loss was a to a top 10 team (at the time) and have a couple others wins over top 25 teams. As much as I love this win streak, Iowa hasn’t beaten a team with a pulse yet, much less a winning record.

Reactions: Dargo
Their other loss was a to a top 10 team (at the time) and have a couple others wins over top 25 teams. As much as I love this win streak, Iowa hasn’t beaten a team with a pulse yet, much less a winning record.

On the flip side of you little argument, Penn State was ranked in TOP 10 Preseason and the
mighty Gophers were in TOP 20. The kitty kats sucked out a 1 point win and went into the
Top 10.

#goHawks !!!

Especially considering Iowa has beaten ISU the past 5 seasons. You can't.
ESPN pumping up the Big 10 seems out of character for them and while I love the fact we have beaten ISU 5 years in a row...not sure how that matters to this years rankings.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
When you play only in conference winning records are harder as the teams cannibalize each other.

The Big 12 teams building their rankings while the Big 10 and PAC were not even playing. Rankings don't mean much this year. Which is kind of what I was trying to say, will these rankings work its way out as the Big 10 and PAC finish their seasons or are the teams that started late blocked out if moving up and displacing teams whose season has finished?

ESPN pumping up the Big 10 seems out of character for them and while I love the fact we have beaten ISU 5 years in a row...not sure how that matters to this years rankings.
It shows that Iowa has been consistently better than ISU. This year is no different.

On the flip side of you little argument, Penn State was ranked in TOP 10 Preseason and the
mighty Gophers were in TOP 20. The kitty kats sucked out a 1 point win and went into the
Top 10.

#goHawks !!!
That isn’t the flip side at all. I said Iowa hasn’t beaten a team with a pulse yet and all you did was add some details.

If Iowa were to beat Wisconsin, it would make the two teams' resumes very similar. And ISU could end with a third loss. As could Iowa, easily.

If Iowa were to beat Wisconsin, it would make the two teams' resumes very similar. And ISU could end with a third loss. As could Iowa, easily.
Sounds good to me, hope it happens so we don’t have to speak in hypotheticals.

At the end of the season, assuming Iowa wins out, how do you rank that 2 loss ISU team ahead of a 2 loss Iowa? Especially considering Iowa has beaten ISU the past 5 seasons. You can't.

Hell yes you can. The Republican cultists will be thrilled to explain it to ya. But you can take my word for it. It's beautiful. LOL

Pretty dumb post, but I’ll engage. What win do we have that is better than ISU’s Oklahoma or Texas wins? There’s your answer.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Pretty dumb post, but I’ll engage. What win do we have that is better than ISU’s Oklahoma or Texas wins? There’s your answer.
Why do you keep posting "we" when you are an ISU fan? Iowa doesn't have wins better than OU or Texas at this point but why pretend to be a Hawk fan?

You are assuming Texas and OU are good wins, I don't think they really are. Maybe in historical name only, but by that measure we've beaten Nebraska, so yeah.

You are assuming Texas and OU are good wins, I don't think they really are. Maybe in historical name only, but by that measure we've beaten Nebraska, so yeah.

Iowa blew out PSU as well...
this is what happens when you let other conferences play full schedules and start earlier.

it’s ridiculous to think ISU is a top 10 team -
It’s the curse of 2020

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT